Drove these two today... | FerrariChat

Drove these two today...

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by bensonae, Jul 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bensonae

bensonae Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2013
    Tokyo, Japan
    Full Name:
    Alex Benson
    #1 bensonae, Jul 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Was let loose on the Tokyo inner road with a F12 and 458. And the road was near empty..First quick impressions. F12 to much engine for me. Made me nervous and the ride is great but I prefer more "feelsome". The steering so easy and fast. The 458 though... In Race mode on the manettino this might be the most perfect car I have ever driven. The sound, the handling, the feel. I love my 512TR but this is a toy for adults. Such a rush and it felt so easy to drive the pants off and it is small feeling. Bravo Ferrari. I still love my car though and prefer the non power assisted steering of our cars over the new stuff. Still though the 458....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
    Lucky you! :)

3. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
  4. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I feel the 458 is a perfect car. I feel the F12 is just a brut. I kinda wish the 458 had a "bit" more power though.

5. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    This isn't the 458 section, but I agree with the sentiments here and would go further to say that it is the only modern I would consider owning.

Armen, I laughed and nodded when you said it needed a little more power. While I agree more would be nice, I am of the opinion that the chassis is just so capable that it could take even more than it has, and that is a good thing.

Too many chassis' can't handle the power that they have, and that gets dangerous quick in the hands of someone who doesn't respect it.

6. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    This isn't the 458 section but we sure like your experince/review Alex !

It undelines that a 512TR/TR is still a fabulous F car ... and still an attractive one too :D

I would also not considder one of them (money-wise) but would eventually love to change over to a Scuderia after the 512TR one day ...