930 vs tr values... | FerrariChat

930 vs tr values...

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by bpu699, Jul 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    3 years ago my 930 was worth 25-35k or so. According to haggerty, an 87 930 is now 70-90k. They spiked up in 2 years, really.

My 87 testarossa was worth 55k. Best guess, still worth 55k.

Children of the 80s are coming of age :).

If the 930 doubled to tripled, I would suspect the testarossa has a good chance of the same.

Should be soon. Come on people, start raising prices :).

Bo

2. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Hi Bo,

a very good 930 with 90K today was 50-60K 3 years ago.

25K USD or round about 18K Euro 3 years ago was not enough for normal Carrera
    in very good condition!

A turbo for that amount was really bad!

3. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Lot's of discussion about this all over Fchat. My theory is that people aren't scared of old 911s; and for good reason. Even though a 3x8 is as easy to work on and as reliable as an older 911 it has a reputation because it's a Ferrari. However my guess is the TR will rise in value faster than the 308. The TR is more rare and most examples are still stock compared to the 308.

4. p930

p930 Rookie

Dec 9, 2009
    Atlanta area
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Market for 930 in us versus European countries were very different 3/4 years ago. In the us a good 930 could be had for about 30 usd or cheaper depending on your luck. A good factory slantnose for about 50 usd. Prices have doubled since but I'm not selling my factory slant. I also agree about the tr potential appreciation. I'm currently looking for one and a 355. Can't choose between the two.

5. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    ....whereas a '77 930 is appreciating much faster.... ;)

6. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    I buy all my cars to enjoy. I also buy because I feel it will appreciate over time. All poster cars in their time, values of the Countach: thru the roof, 930: thru the roof, TR: eeeh. My logic with the TR was over the top styling and last mid 12cyl. I still think the TR will eventually get there price wise. In the mean time, I will continue to enjoy the sounds that thing puts out, when I am driving it :)

7. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i would not worry too much about tr values. i think they will hold and eventually rise, with the 512m first, and the 512tr second, leading the way as they are doing already.

8. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    It is nice to say my car is worth X dollars, but unless you are in the selling mode, it is really not good to want your car to be worth too much. I am going thru this with my Countach and alittle with my 930. First to keep them properly insured, my rates have tripled to keep up with the value. Now all of a sudden hard to find out of production parts have sky rocketed. Then there is the thought, in the back of your head, when me being a blue collar type of guy, drives something of this value. I am not selling so I wish values would go back to where they were, and the cost of ownership would be more realistic :)

9. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Agreed