16 boxers for sale? | FerrariChat

16 boxers for sale?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Newman, Aug 31, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
  2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

That seems hard to believe but the market is hot.

3. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    The asking prices are of the actual market so they must all be recent ads.

4. ferraripete

Or it could mean Enzo the great ' s many BB clients have asked him to sell their cars. :)

5. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    High prices bring out the sellers...

CW

6. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

You can't tell unless you call them, my experience is that many are already gone. If you go to the 308 section several of them are also sold including the glass 308 from Gallery Brummen.

7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    at mobile.de just now are 2 BB 512 and 9 BBi 512
    both carb cars about 50.000 km, asking price 220 and 240 K €
    the injected cars from 42.000 km for 165k € up to 4.900 km for 275k €

8. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    LOL!

9. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    This.

For so many years, long term BB owners would not part with their cars at the very deflated (perception) prices in the market. Now that prices are up, those who wanted to sell but wouldn't at significant loss are comfortable marketing their BB's.

This next year will be interesting. Will the market support and sustain current increases, or will more supply on the market reverse the trend?

10. ferraripete

my suspicion is that buyers in todays market are not flipping and are adding the boxer as a core holding. that could very well mean that once this round of transactions is complete...we may not see them again for awhile.

to your point William, long term owners are now just getting comfy w/ the prospect of selling in a good market. I have owned for 12 years but many have owned far longer than i.

humor me on this. that would allow for continued but more measured upside.

11. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Even if these are current cars which I doubt cause these prices have been going on in Europe for the past 2 years non are in The U.S.

European cars have harder lives with the salt corrosion and high miles compared to US cars that usually just sit and collect dust.

12. mikael82

mikael82 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2007
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael
    Well...

Last year I drove around Europe to see ALL 512BB's (non "i") on sale in Europe, total of seven cars. When try to contact dealers/owners I found that some of these cars are long gone and advertise just hangs on some webpages or kept as good advertise for company.

Six out of seven cars where imported to USA when new. All but one car, all cars had genuin American parking on them ie. left fron accsident, from 70's when people parked cars with bumpers.

No, European cars do not salt issues, as we don't use these cars winter, common Ferrari owner have user -car, weekend -car and once-in-a-moth -car.
    European cars seem to have much better invoice history, I even got almost all buyers receipt from allmost all owners, exepc one from American owner. I know cars that have all fuel receipts with them.

It also seems all carburated car for sale in last month are now gone.

13. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Genuine american parking lol!

14. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    LOL is right!

But seriously, 6-7 were imported to America but reside in Europe, but damage happened in America? Having parked in both Europe and US, I am guessing the "genuine American parking" comment was a more provocative than accurate.

Additionally, some of the cars were "long gone and advertise just hangs on..." so how many of the 7 were actually examined?

Maybe I am misreading Mikael's post, but some clarification would be helpful to give the post any weight.

15. mikael82

mikael82 Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2007
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael
    Well I don't know, maybe that is similar preconseption as "all cars in Europe are salted and due to free speed, driven more"
    But, wasn't it custom to parallelpark cars in USA "by hear - klonk! and bit forward." ?
    http://blog.gordaen.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/parallel-parking-fail.jpg

At that time 1.5 year ago, there where around 10 advertised around Europe on well know webpages, 7 where real cars for sale and when ask; "it is sold" , there are one on sale at Anamera, North France, being listed for years for 98K, non existing

16. petearron

petearron Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 1, 2009
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    jeff
    Several years ago a lot of buyers from Europe were buying early 911 Porsches from the US because most were rotted out there not to say all US cars don't rust out either but lots of 911s in Cali rust free

17. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    Fair enough, I figured you were responding to the salted roads and driven hard comments with hyperbole. I don't imagine many BB's made it out on salted roads except because of unforeseen circumstances in the extreme.

Similarly, since not to many "Little Old Ladies from Pasadena" ever owned BB's, don't think the park by Braille stereotype has an more merit than the salted EU roads do.

But I have seen many expensive cars parked on curbs in Rome, Madrid, Barcelona, and Paris to name a few. I have never seen that in the U.S., for whatever it is worth.

Can't imagine a BB will make it on most curbs w/o taking out the front valance, I can barely get through most dips at intersections, lol!

Thanks for the clarification,
    W