New TR owner | FerrariChat

New TR owner

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by dkyranakis, Sep 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dkyranakis

dkyranakis Formula Junior

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    Hello everyone. I Wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I recently purchased a '89 TR in white/white, my first Ferrari at 38 (always wanted to do this before 40 )! Car has 15k miles and lived in Miami before landing in Houston. It will now live in Centreville, DE on the PA/DE Border. Car is having a major service completed before I drive it. Although I really wanted (and will still acquire) a 512 TR, I made the decision to buy 5 lug TR while keeping my 02 Lotus Esprit V8 (I'm the original owner) with 19k miles. Hope to get to know some of you in the near future. I will post pics ASAP. Likely going to Add 512TR wheels. How does everyone feel about that upgrade? Are there spacers needed? Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Congrats, enjoy it in good long health !

As a TR owner of 15 yrs now, you will enjoy that noise in the back of your head for many years !

3. dkyranakis

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    Thanks! Car has what looks to be a custom exhaust and it sounds amazing! I should be receiving the factory exhaust as well.

4. chabch

chabch Formula 3

Aug 15, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Congratulations and welcome to the TR family!

5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    welcome to the V 180° engine family :)

6. alexwagner

alexwagner Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2013
    Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Alex Wagner
    Congrats, the Testa must have a lot of presence in white/white.
    I would keep it looking stock (wheels), but that's a very personal call.

7. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Congrats on the newly aquired piece of art ! I'm with Alex for the wheels.

Have fun!

8. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    I think the wheels are a great tasteful upgrade and dramatically improves the looks. There are always those who prefer pure stock, but these are typically concours/show guys that know you take point hits for not being original (no after market exhaust allowed). Car enthusiasts IMO are about the drive and improve their vehicles (headers, stereo, exhaust, suspension, wheels, breaks) for the driving experience and you see 360 owners modding without issue, but at a certain age point of vehicles when they become classic cars it goes back to a desire for originality. I have made modest (perf, suspension, exhaust, wheel) mods to some of my vehicles and personally enjoy the cars more for the improvements. All of these type mods are reversible and have no negative impact on resale as long as you retain original parts to appeal to buyers wanting originality.

In the end do what you like and adds to your driving and viewing pleasure; no one else is behind your wheel, or admiring your acquisition in your garage on a nightly basis.

9. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Welcome, post some pictures of both cars.

10. UpNorth

UpNorth Formula 3
    Owner

Sep 30, 2006
    Quebec, Canada
    Full Name:
    Francois
    This.

I changed from stock (metric) to bling-bling (imperial) to get easily available (cheaper) tires and more grip.

By the way congrats! :)

11. M. Brandon Motorcars

Sponsor

Sep 4, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Michael Foertsch
    I know that car. You bought a really nice car; just stunning in that color combination. Congratulations!

12. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    links...pictures??

13. lafluth

lafluth Karting

Jul 2, 2013
    Congrats on the new acquisition! Wheels are a personal thing, but if it were me I would keep the originals, it just looks better, a more cohesive look together with black underpanel etc. in my opinion.
    Just got a 512TR but I know I will get a testarossa too some day, something about that 80's look and feel that you do not get with the 512TR (although you get many other good things!).

14. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  15. dkyranakis

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    Thanks everyone! Very excited to be here. Here are a few initial pics. More to come.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. dkyranakis

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    [​IMG]

17. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    #17 msdesignltd, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
    Whatever you do, do not wear new blue jeans on those seats...actually you should only drive Neked with that leather...
    good find , congrats..

no wonder crockett wore white linen!

Keep this resource handy

http://www.leathermagic.com/Pages/RRFcolrchart.htm

18. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    +1. I had a Esprit S4 with the Parchment interior. Blue jeans were a big no no. Take a couple of all white t-shrts and use one on the seat bottom and the other on the seat back. That will get you by until you find proper seat covers.

Welcome to the White TR club. Im staying on Ocean ave in South Beach on a trip. Totally missing my car right now.

19. dkyranakis

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis
    Thanks for the advice!

20. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Congrats and welcome to the so fresh and so clean starch Bianco class of Ferrari
    and I will give you the golden key to loving your white interior. It is low gloss leather and vinyl protectant. Does not really matter what brand as it only need to have silicone in its ingredients. The silicone allows you to slide in and out with no real friction and stops jeans and other material from easily transferring color to the seat surfaces. use often!

21. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    dont know the TR much. I assume a major means engine ooutright?. What gets done toa TR during a major and what is the cost range assuming no unexpected issue found?

22. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    White/white TR's are not very common. Any chance you have the original warranty book with the first owners name? We sold a white/white new and wondering if it is the same car. It may well have gone to FLA because the owner grew up there.

23. dkyranakis

Nov 24, 2013
    Centreville, DE
    Full Name:
    Demetri Kyranakis

Just seeing this now! Sorry for the long delay. Loving my white/white TR!! The car was in Miami for the first many years of its life. I unfortunately don't have the first owners name. I did find and communicate with the second and third owner! Would be very very cool to find out if this was the car!

Demetri [​IMG]

24. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    It was Jose Canseco. I suspect if it was his old car you'd know it. And it spent its early years in California.

25. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Why? Did it take steroids too? :D