Any 512M's for sale? | FerrariChat

Any 512M's for sale?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by geno berns, Sep 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    Looking for a 512M any leads would be appreciated.

Geno

2. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    #2 versamil, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
    Ferrari Testarossa Red with Black Interior | eBay

Ask and you shall receive, a mere 375K. Not sure if I got the link right but just look on ebay for it.

So I just took my 1990 TR out for a putt. A car with 15,000 miles on it- runs great drives great, gets a TON of looks from just about anybody. Makes my 328's seem like kids toys.
    I just PAID 65k for this car in June. So ONE SIXTH the price of a 512M, a car just five years newer. So a person COULD buy SIX of the earlier TR's for ONE of the 512's. A different color car
    for almost every day of the week. The 512M MUST be a heck of a car to to be worth THAT much more. Side by side, I'm sure the difference certainly must be more apparent, and it would make me realize what a mundane car the older plain jane TR is.

3. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    That is a truly beautiful flawless low mileage 512M. Prices finally caught up with these cars (like all Boxers and particularly the 365BB). Unfortunately, 512M's, like 365BB's are now going to be sold mostly to collector types (not that there's anything wrong with that at all). I'm still kicking myself in the head for not buying 2 fellow Fchatters (who shall remain nameless) 365BB's about 2 years ago. $250K seemed like monster money for a 365BB 2 years ago in the same manner that $375K seems to be ridiculous for a 512M today. We all keep saying bubble, market correction, blah blah blah, BUT truth is that there are only 75 US spec 512Ms - that will never change. So I think, unless your looking to flip in the next year or two, these are the "new" high water mark prices for us to deal with. It just takes one buyer who sees this as his (or her) dream/fantasy car and its a done deal. You drive this 512M and you become Don Johnson from 25 years ago wearing the Zegna suit, Ferragamo shoes (no socks of course), silk shirts, smoking hot supermodels fawning all over you for a ride .... haha some pretty funny mental pictures. But its probably more of a fantasy that most will ever admit. If its your fantasy, then this could be your ticket. Of course, as other ops will say can live that fantasy out with a $75K TR, but this 512M is rather special no ?

4. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The pecking order prevails....$500,000.00 in 12 months. no doubt!

5. barabba

barabba Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2007
    Ticino / Zurich
    Me too I'm searching for one...if they are not asking for silly money....anyone from Switzerland ? Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread.

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Did the Algar car sell?

7. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    There was a black one advertised private party in the FCA news letter for $160k.

The red one on eBay is a good looking car - with the consistently bold asking price. If they only had 575M 19" modular wheels and a 512TR front bumper the 512M would look beyond great instead just okay. I actually like the F40ish hood and fixed lights and am neutral about the round rear tail lights.

The bumper, rear tail lights, and wheels just do not work from a design asthetic.

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  9. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    SOLD as well...actual list was $165k when I relooked the ad and it went for less from what I was told

10. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    If you are talking about the one in the Market letter, it was there for at least 6 months

11. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    If it was available, oddly no one bothered to mention it to the OP or talk it up as the best deal going. Either way I don't know if the particular car in the FCA newsletter is the same car as the one you mention, but regardless if it was available for only 1 day or 1 year if anyone is looking into it - no longer available.

12. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
  13. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
  14. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    And $125,000.00 in 24 months. gut feeling!

~ like 1990. 2001. 2008.

IMHO

15. dspellbe

dspellbe Karting

Jun 21, 2013
    What I believe you are really saying is that the current owners would want to unload those cars at any price in 24 months. While the prices may come down, there just isn't enough supply to say the price will be 1/3 of the current asking prices. That said, a market downturn like that would become a tremendous buying opportunity.

16. meandmyredcorvette

meandmyredcorvette Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Watch out for a similar bump in Diablo Roadsters as the 512M as their are around the same number of 99 Diablo Roadsters as 512M's. You can buy a Diablo Roaster for under $150K today. Much higher upside and funner car to drive than TR

17. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    But it is not a TR... just saying... lol

For sure I can't own a Diablo and keep my screen name... lol

18. 512man

512man Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2014
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Tobbe
    +1.....Same with me....lol.

19. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Makes me wonder how much my F512M factory brochure is currently worth?

Just sayin'

:eek:

20. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    About $15 if you want to sell it to me :)

21. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Ill give you $17 (sorry Claude).

22. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    go $2K. some sucker will buy it!

the price ramp up of the past 10 months got me to shake my head.
    I see crap cars selling for gold.
    This is not sustainable no matter how one tries to justify it. it sure will last a bit longer until money will flow out of hard assets.

23. hackergoldcup

hackergoldcup Rookie

Sep 26, 2014
    Algar 512M sold for $337 including full engine out service. Only 2 this color (Rosso Metallizzato) (Monza Red) . Hope your optimism is well placed about the future. Also agree about Diablo - they are (already) next.