Auxiliary air valve | FerrariChat

Auxiliary air valve

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Philwozza, Sep 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    i am doing some TLC on the top of my '87 Euro F113B engine. I am checking the electrickery supply to the aux air valves. My poor wiring diagrams are really poor and unclear.
    I am trying to determine when the aux air valves are powered up.
    With power on at the key, (ignition but not start position) I get 0.3 volts at the connectors.
    Does anyone know if this is correct and when the 12v come on (when the engine is running?)

Thanks for any help.

Phil

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    what you mean under "aux air valve"? this for the engine idle? afaik the 87 has not such a valve???

part number please phil

3. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    It's 125880 Romano, it's a Bosch part.

Philwozza

4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    hi phil,
    when I put this number in at eurospares it says: There are currently no products in this range.

5. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    These parts are no longer available Romano.
    I am trying to check when power is applied to them. Mine work okay as I have cleaned and checked the operation out of the car. However I want to check the power but I don't know when the connector becomes live. My guess is that it is only when the car is running but my poor wiring diagrams makes my eyes go squirlywurly......... :(

Phil

6. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    +12V is applied to the AAVs whenever the fuel pumps are running (so only during starter motor cranking or when the engine is actually running -- not with just key "on" and engine not running).

7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    would be good if you could put a picture here phil that I know what you mean.
    I think it is from bosch? if it is for the additional air in idle during cold and when getting warm. if so it is still available from bosch

I still don´t know what you mean under aux air valve - that is my problem just now. may be it is a valve for the exhaust???

but as steve told with the power on when fuel pumps running then I think you mean the 2 valves for getting more air during cold and getting warm???
    but then I wonder: mine is also a 87 and did not had those valves because of the KE-jetronic. so you have then a K-jetronic?

8. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    No, all stock TR (K-Jet, KE-Jet without Lamba, and KE-Jet with Lambda) have AAVs -- item 1 here:

http://www.ricambiamerica.com/parts_catalogs.php?M=FE&P=&V=diag&I=2853

(It's the VLV, Vacuum Limiting Valve, item 8, that is only present on some TR)

9. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    Thanks Steve you have saved my old eyes trying to look desperately over the wiring diagrams.

Once I get the top of the motor built tomorrow I will give it a check.

Thanks again

Philwozza

10. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    sure, you are rigth steve

because I changed the complete system on my car I could not remember right anymore. but I had a look at an other TR and have seen 2 of those