365BB window cable pulleys | FerrariChat

365BB window cable pulleys

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by simonc, Sep 27, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    #1 simonc, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The right side window on my BB is very noisy. I stripped out the door and the front top pulley that the cable runs in is starting to fail. The pulley is made in two halves that appear to be riveted together and the rivets are failing. Where I am stuck is how to remove the pulley - it runs on a spindle that seems to have been fitted to the inside of the door frame before the door skin was fitted. The only way I can see to remove it is to drill through the frame from the front and the drill out the spindle.

Then the next question is does anyone know a source for a new or used pulley?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    Saw your post in the 246 section (I rarely visit here). Looks almost identical to the GT4 setup. I don't think you can replace the pulley without cutting your door up some. You could repair it in situ, though. The four holes in the pulley are where the halves "rivet" together. You may try welding or putting a pop rivet through those holes. I understand the separation, but how did the edge of the pulley get so bent?

3. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    I would imagine the GT4 shares the same style of set-up. I did think about pop rivets but I would rather replace the pulley if I can find one. The one I have is pretty well mangled and looks worse close up than in the photo, it was like that when I took it apart. The window has been noisy since I bought the car some time ago but has recently started to get worse. I never got around to looking until today.

4. 365boxer

365boxer Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2004
    La Drova, Spain
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Simon, I'm 99% sure a mondial has the same system, if so I have four spare doors. I'm not back for ten days or so to look but if you want to go look at the spare car in the back field go help yourself. Let be know if so and I will tell the house sitter your coming. But if I get home and find one missing from by boxer ! Well

5. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    Thanks Nick. I have a few possible sources at the moment and I'm waiting on information from some kind F-Chat members. Getting the wheel off is quite a task as it needed the window glass to be removed (on the Boxer anyway) so I would rather find a pulley that does not need to be removed from a car. Also, because it seems that Ferrari never foresaw the need to change these, they are hard to get off without damaging them. Ferrari changed these to plastic wheels (not sure when though) and Maranello Classic Spares are sending me one of these to look at and see if it will fit OK. Let me see how I get on this or with finding a correct metal replacement before stripping out the Mondial.

6. quarryman

quarryman Karting

Dec 30, 2011
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Paul
  7. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    I checked with Eurospares and they were able not help unfortunately.

The plastic one from Maranello arrived today and is a direct replacement. I would rather have fitted a metal one but the only one I found was going to cost over $90 including delivery to the UK. The plastic one cost less than $2 (two dollars). I'll fit this for now and keep looking for a metal one that I can substitute later.