Disassembly of seats in 86 TR | FerrariChat

Disassembly of seats in 86 TR

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by LRacine, Sep 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LRacine

LRacine Rookie

Aug 5, 2014
    Florida & NY
    I am in the process of redoing my seats.

I have them removed from the car and they are sitting on my bench... I started with the passenger seat... I think I have to undo the bottom of the back seat cover to reach the last Allen head bolt, to separate the back from the seat..... yes???? (there is no other way I can see to get to it... am I missing something?)

Is there anyone who has taken them apart who can step me though the disassemble of the seats themselves and save me some time. I'll post a thread with pics of how to do this job after I am done.... (I am shooting photos as I am doing this), have searched the web and this site, have not found info on this subject. I am going to replace the leather covers but I also need to fix some hardware (upper attachment of right driver side bolster broken), add some reinforcement on the webbing, and probably add some battening to make up for the older foam degrading, give it a little more loft...

I have repaired other seats (hardware and upholstery)... this is a little different.... last one was the ass mass sensor in my benz.... had to take the whole seat apart to do that one... but really good instructions on you tube.... it was a piece of cake.

A few hints - outline for this rubric cube would be greatly appreciated....lol

L

2. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    I disassembled my 87 TR seats to repair a bracket. The back side bolsters: push the bolsters to the side and two allen bolts holding to the back frame. From what I recall the seats are screwed together to the metal frame. Just push the leather and look for hidden screws.

Ago

3. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Louise, as you can see this place is full of resouces. What would we do without all these guys?