$119k for 89 TR, and it's 'below market value'? Really? | FerrariChat

$119k for 89 TR, and it's 'below market value'? Really?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by rpissm, Oct 19, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
  2. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
    Joe, put a FS sign in your window at $150K!

3. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    $150k? Hell, $250k! Remember, I have black rims on mine! It's unique!

:)

4. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
  5. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    not surprised really, I think there is alot more of this coming.

6. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    I'm asking $175,000

7. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    OK, I'm offering mine at a super deal of $99K. ;-)

8. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    #8 ozziindaus, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. GregTe

GregTe Formula Junior

May 3, 2004
    Maine
    If these numbers are even close to real I am selling mine, I like the car but not that much!

10. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    ^

And this is why the Testarossa is destined to be the mondial of the 12 cylinder Ferrari line up forever.

11. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    Well said! I paid 55k for my single mirror car 6 yrs ago. Have done routine maintenance, gold kit, fuse board upgrade and this winter it will have the engine out service and diff upgrade. Why does everyone laugh at someone asking 100k for these cars? A well maintained car in my opinion is worth every penny of 100k in todays market. Why does everyone gotta hate on the testarossa? It's an awesome car!

12. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Nobody is sayimg the're not Worth $100K. But when the market is at a certain level and you ask much more than the market for a car that is not a low miles gem and advertise as below market value there is something to laugh about.

IMHO any Testarossa in good running condition and nice cosmetically is Worth from $75K to $100K anytime with the latest rise of the prices.

13. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    +1

Love the testarossa and Claude, love it in yellow. I always wondered why prices seem stuck. Whole market seems artificially high though with everyone and their brother trying to jump on board with anything.

Next recession, which always happens, will bring all our cars back down again.

Robb

14. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
  15. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I would like to see what they are actually trading for....not the wish list.

16. jojoh12

jojoh12 Rookie

Aug 16, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Johannes H
    Here in Europe (Germany) Testarossa are sold for up to 75k $, TRs for about 100k $. Two friends of mine sold their cars in that Price range in late summer, so that seems to reflect the current market Situation. Sure some guys are asking above that, but mostly the cars sit for a Long time at the dealerships except from exceptional examples. The popularity only seems to increase quite slowly... maybe it is time to get for one.

17. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    the cheapest TR just now at mobile.de and also at autoscout.de are around 50k €
    but some are advertised also for nearly 190K

in switzerland the cheapest just now is offered for CHF 52 k with 85000 km and the range goes to about 100k CHF with 13000 km

18. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian

So the cheapest is $65,000USD in Germany. The Swiss prices seem to fall in line with the US prices. Im not counting the crazy priced ones.

There are few higher mile Testarossa's here on Ebay with unknown history and maintenance records. They have remained unsold with offers topping out in the low $50's.

Obviously there has been a steady rise in prices, but I have yet to see the 'average' testarossa sell at 40% over last years prices. I could be wrong, and I hope I am.

19. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    well, believe it or not some, testarossa low miles sold at around $135K to Mexico. Another in need of a lot of deferred maintenance low mile is stuck at $135K. Owner dont budge.

are they worst that ? may be? but not if they were worst less than 1/2 a year ago. the issue out there is that every seller has caught up on a red over-inflated market and want a piece of it. not just the 512.
    Also i noticed many seller have the expectation of a buyer who will NOT drive the car but store it and look at it for "investment". they seem surprised if you said you want to drive "regularly". For them that definition is 5 miles each month.

this is a bad buyer market IMO because every POS seems to sell at prices close to the really great cars which uneducated buyers over paying pushing all prices further up. Look at he gullwing Bora POS that sold for big money

20. pino40

pino40 Karting

Aug 1, 2004
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Joe or Pino or JP
  21. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
  22. pino40

pino40 Karting

Aug 1, 2004
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Joe or Pino or JP
    24,000 mi. Im not saying their worth it but it is what it is.

1987 Ferrari Testarossa Coupe | Hyman Ltd. Classic Cars

23. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
    One possible upside is some of the "lesser" TR's will now see some lovin' for the first time in many years. This will also help bring revenue to some of the independent Ferrari shops. Some of them will wind up being in better shape than they have been for years. The new owners may wind up upside down, if the bubble bursts, but the cars will be better off :)

24. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    I know a guy who checked Fantasy J. car out. You know , due to the very low mileage, that car needs an engine out / major and what else or be a painting clone for ever in a clinical room. Also my understanding is that car got sold at ask to a Mexican native after peeble beach.
    All these car are museum purchases for a model made at over 7000 units. not sure what is driving that type of collection for a car made in numbers. to me a 7000 example car is not a museum piece but a car to drive and enjoy.
    these prices would be fine if the car is freshly serviced but almost all the time it is not

25. TKO

TKO Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Tom Kearns
    I agree. I purposely sought out a higher mileage example so I wouldn't give a hoot about driving and what the Odometer reads. Drive them, life it too short.