Looking for Testarossa | FerrariChat

Looking for Testarossa

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by gbi162, Oct 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gbi162

gbi162 Rookie

Jul 10, 2014
    Macon, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike Hemstreet
    Hello I am looking for a Black Testarossa or a Metallic Black Testarossa, I found one that sold at Barrett Jackson with vin Number ZFFSG17A6J0076334 I would be interested in contacting the owner if anyone knows this car or current owner. Of if anyone knows of a 20-35 thousand mile clean car I would appreciate the referral. I am on the East Coast and ready to buy today Thanks for the Help
    Mike
    478-808-5280

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Good luck in your search!

Do your research, make sure you don't overpay when looking for the Testarossa, they made a boat load of these cars, and prices are all over the map. You will always find in excess of 10 cars for sale at anyone time.

I wouldn't spend more than 50k -60k for a good one. Too many nice other cars in the world you can buy for 50k that will give you the exact same thrill.

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Black and especially metallic black are beautiful on a TR but do not under any circumstances sacrifice getting a good one for getting the right color.

4. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
  5. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Nice looking condition given the mileage.

so many other options for 58 grand in the market place that deliver better value than a Testarossa that requires big service dollars to keep it on the road, and has no collector status potential because of high production numbers.

Everyone does realize if this car was privately owned and trying to sell on eBay, at best it would fetch 40k, which I think is still too high of a sale price. I'm sure the dealer got it for a good price ...GOOD for HIM !

Plus it's another red Ferrari .... Blah ! ;)

6. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    You must own two or three California 250s to consider 7,200 a boat load. LOL

7. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Nobody thinks of the TR as rare, and they made 7,700.... But you knew that already didn't you ;)

8. TKO

TKO Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Tom Kearns
    Humm, I don't think the OP was looking for an opinion on Testarossa's in general or what a better choice for the money is. He just wants to know if anyone know's this particular car or one like it in Black.

9. TKO

TKO Formula Junior

Oct 22, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Tom Kearns
    It is true you always find many Testarossa's for sale at any given time, however they are usually all red and Mike wants one in Black (nice choice) :).

10. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    #10 Todd308TR, Oct 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    When you find a black one, especially a black on black one don't hesitate. They only made 7,198 of 'em for crying out loud. :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    Big Reds prices don't reflect reality, the logic of 7000 cars produced making them not collectible, blah, blah ,blah. How many 308's 328's were produced? So are they all selling for sub 40K figures? They will NEVER be collectible because they made so many. Not long ago, Dinos weren't even considered to be a "real" Ferraris. Real Ferraris have 12 cylinders. Cliches that you better get in tune to what's happening in the market place.

Too many other cars available for 50K that give the same thrill? Get real- I've been THRILLED to have a Testarossa parked in my garage. Rare day I don't just go admire it.
    I think they're a used car bargain, and I've been buying and selling cars for forty years.
    7700 cars for Ferrari may sound like a lot, but Chevy manufactures 13 to 15 thousand corvettes every year! In the scheme of car manufacturing, 7700 is NOT a lot of cars. A TRUE supercar. with looks that still turns heads every where you drive- what's not to like.

The mambie pambies that complain about some mechanical issues, should just stick with their Honda cars and quit whining. ANY issue is fixable, and for a car like this- worth fixing.

12. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Good luck Mike, keep searching. Black is the best color other than White of course!
    The Testarossa is a timeless work of art and the availability of the 84-91 is a great thing. Its not likely to see another one on the road when you take yours for a drive tho, and thats pretty sweet IMO.

13. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    As an owner of three TR's I can unequivocally say that they are NOT any higher maintenance than some of my contemporary supercars

14. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    True true true, the market speaks and sets the tone, not a blog site.

Also, I personally don't think Big Red believes the words he writes when he rags on the TR. I think he's a lover who has strong confidence that the time is near for the world to start appreciating one of the most iconic cars ever to roll down any road, EVER.

15. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Like... the porsche -
    per my neighbor (a 2014 owner) you need to drop the engine to change the spark plugs!

just about choked when I heard that one...

Rgds,
    Vincenzo

16. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Guys, BigRed is just being sarcastic because he's pissed by the recent thread he saw about high priced TRs and the reaction of US TR owners. You all know he loves these cars and believe they are Worth more.
    He was just poking for reaction to see if the opposite could happen.

I think he scored!

17. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    I have had and do own about anything with a motor that you could mention. I place the Testa at the top of the list of must haves at any price!

18. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    My 308 has cost me more in upkeep than my TR's

19. gbi162

gbi162 Rookie

Jul 10, 2014
    Macon, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike Hemstreet
    Yeah I had a red 90 Testarossa and miss it. I have several Corvettes and had many other cars but nothing I owned compared to the enjoyment when I drove the Testarossa. And your right when you are driving it, it is not likely when you pull up to the red light there will be one sitting right beside you. Unlike the vettes.. Didn't want to cause controversy just thought someone might know where one was for sale that was in good shape.

20. gbi162

gbi162 Rookie

Jul 10, 2014
    Macon, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike Hemstreet
    #20 gbi162, Nov 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  21. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
  22. Shemmer

Shemmer Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I thought someone hacked his ID. I havent been reading much F-Chat lately but stumbled on to this post and couldn't believe my eyes, I almost $H1T my pants!!! Is that really you Red?

23. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom

Trouble is..308's and 328's are now worth more then the TR on average.

24. gbi162

gbi162 Rookie

Jul 10, 2014
    Macon, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike Hemstreet
    Well I took the car out on it's first major trip 250 trouble free miles. Ran it up to 100mph and maintained an average of 80 mph on hwy and no issues. After I first got it had a couple of things wrong, the left side cooling fan did not come on. Fuse blown easy fix, and then the ebrake did not work. Took the wheels off and took all the brakes off and the ebrake cable had come un hooked from the tensioner on the ebrake pads, so re attched both of them and adjusted the ebrake cable and all is good. What a great running car and actually drives and runs better than my 1990 Testarossa. Very pleased with this one so far anyway..

25. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian

Well those are easy fixes, nice to hear. Now hop on Ebay and find a set of new Spal radiator fans. I hate it when high draw items blow fuses.