Testarossa with 98 miles... | FerrariChat

Testarossa with 98 miles...

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by rmb221, Nov 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rmb221

rmb221 Karting

Feb 25, 2013
    Anybody have information on this car?

Seems rather expensive even if the miles are true...

1989 Ferrari Testarossa

2. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    500K?? that would be amazing if they got that kind of money for it..

3. Special$K$

Special$K$ Rookie

Nov 27, 2014
    NC & SC
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Wow........$499,900??

If that car sells for anything close to that, I'll put my '88 Rossa Corsa & Tan up for sale F-A-S-T..........

4. DreamCarrera

DreamCarrera Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2006
    S.E. PA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    How many miles on your '88???

5. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    Probably enough miles, mod improvements and repairs on my own TR that the car is fully sorted out so the next owner can enjoy it for many years, problem-free.

That $500,000 car is going to need all new rubber, bushing, brake lines, Helms fuse box upgrade, etc.

Personally, a 30,000-40,000 miles car, properly sorted out, would be a much better buy, unless you want bragging rights and/or a garage queen, IMHO.

GLWS

6. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    we are in a speculation era. Talking about what repair the car rightly needs is irrelevant. That car is not meant to be driven anymore. In fact it is likely to not run or breakdown after 20 miles.

Car with delivery mileage are lawn ornament. Some people buy them not to drive them but to store them away for years only to them sell them at the right time for maximum profits.

This car is a museum piece never to see asphalt again. Dont look at it as being a car any longer. For people buying car with no miles, 500K is nothing. They spend millions on painting or horses. It is not a car for the enthusiast/driver market.

7. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Can you imagine the heartbreak when the next guy goes 2.1 miles?

"Pheobe....Ive soiled my ascot from a spell of sadness. I just hit 100 miles going from the car barn to the stables....the Testarossa is now worthless."