F512M Steering Wheel | FerrariChat

F512M Steering Wheel

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Robb, Nov 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    #1 Robb, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Can someone measure the F512M wheel diameter?

I have a 1995 F355 - built the same year as the F512M.

I'm not crazy about the 4 spoke airbag wheel on my car and am looking for the OEM 355 non airbag wheel. But since I cannot find that one - was looking at the F512m wheel.

Is it a much larger wheel? I thought it looked better and more period correct with my car than skipping to a 360 or later wheel.

It also seems like I CAN find F512M steering wheels...

Thoughts? Thanks for the comparison help.

Robb
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. RWP137

RWP137 Formula 3

Apr 29, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Have you thought about a 360 wheel? Best mod I ever did. It completely changed the driving experience as well as the look. My car was the red GTS parked by yours on the garage in Beverly Hills (Had no idea it was you).

-Rick

3. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Rick, great to hear from you. I liked your car. I think the 360 wheel is very nice and definitely updates the look and use. The 360 wheel still has the bulk of an airbag.

I'm in love with the non-airbag wheel used on '94 and some '95 euro/uk 355's.

Because the 512m was also made in '95, I felt that it would feel more in line with the interior design of the 355 and 512. Similar seats, similar cabin feel.

But I thought the earlier TR steering wheels were s bit bigger in diameter than the v8 cars. So I'm not looking for a bigger wheel and would like as much leg room as possible. If they are the same size then it could be a good fit for me.

That's why I sm hoping for a measurement. I think MOMO made the 512M wheel so will check there too.

Robb

4. dontilgon

dontilgon Formula Junior

May 30, 2011
    NY/PA
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    It's definitely a momo wheel. Although I don't know the momo part number.

5. Robb

Robb Moderator

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Is there a 512m owner or dealer with a car for sale that can measure the wheel edge to edge for me?

The Ferrari part number is 165946 - not sure how to find it at MOMO.

Eurospares and Ricambi can get me a new one.

Thanks in advance.

Robb

6. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    With the size of the center of that 512m wheel, a 360 wheel doesn't look much different and has the benefit of an airbag. However, outside of the factory non airbag wheel, a challenge wheel or actually a 550 airbag wheel look the best imo.