TESTAROSSA FUSE PANEL | FerrariChat

TESTAROSSA FUSE PANEL

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by jamesrobba, Dec 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jamesrobba

jamesrobba Karting

Dec 5, 2005
    north downey, calif.
    Full Name:
    james joseph robba
    HEY GUYS - I WAS CHANGING OUT THE FUSES AND HAD THE FUSE DOOR OPEN - STARTED THE CAR - AND I COULD HEAR A WINDING NOISE - OR LIKE A BUZZING NOISE COMING FROM INSIDE THE PANEL . COULD YOU GUYS PLEASE TRY TO START YOU TESTAROSSA AND HAVE THE FUSE PANEL OPEN AND TELL ME IF YOU HEAR ANYTHING INSIDE THE FUSE BOX AREA - IT SOUND LIKE A FUEL PUMP RUNNING - BUT I KNOW IT NOT -JUST CHECKING TO MAKE SURE ALL IS GOOD WITH MY CAR . YES YOU CLOSE THE PANEL YOU HEAR NOTHING - BUT OPEN IT AND YOU HEAR THE SOUND - PLEASE CHECK - MAYBE I AM HEARING THINGS - NO WAY THANK YOU HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP OVER THIS YEAR - BEST TO ALL JIM

2. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    I feel like I have just been screamed at lol. I don't have a testarossa yet, but I believe that you may be hearing relays clicking. Sometimes they pulse on and off quickly making a buzzing sound.

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    It may be the little cabin air fan/temp sensor (to the left of the LHD steering column) that you are hearing run/hum. Also, wouldn't hurt to just gentle touch the outside case of each relay to feel if it is "buzzing" (which would be a bad sign for any such relay) as Michael suggested.

4. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    is your drivers door open?

5. DarkShines

DarkShines Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2014
    Gloucestershire
    Full Name:
    Lee James
    I've just had the same on my '88 TR, it was simply the flasher relay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. danhop

danhop Rookie

Dec 17, 2014
    I've got a super fast flashing near side indicator (LHD) pulled out the relay supposed to responcible (U) according to manual but indicators still going. Funny buzzing from fuze panel somewhere. Any ideas? Thanks

7. josemaria@cmsa.es

Jan 24, 2015
    Hi
    Does anyone knows if a Fuse fox for a 512 tr is equal to a 1991 Testarossa? I do have a Testarossa an lost Air conditioning due to burnt Fuse box. Difficuelt to fins new or used ones..
    Any gel most appreciated.
    thanks

8. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    512Tr and Testarossa fuse panels are different. Don't look for a new one, have yours replaced with one from GT Car Parts or Dave Helms.