Looking for foglights 512 TR | FerrariChat

Looking for foglights 512 TR

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by nupsi, Dec 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nupsi

nupsi Rookie

Nov 23, 2014
    Hamburg, Germany
    #1 nupsi, Dec 23, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
    Did anybody know where I can get the fog light assembly (both sides) for the EU version (149032 and 149033) ? In the alternative also only the lamp inserts whithout housing.

Thanks a lot and Merry Christmas to all

2. RedFlyer512TR

RedFlyer512TR Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2011
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Hello, Ricambi has the new made poly carbonate lenses that you can attatch to the housings. Finding a complete light assembly requires calling all the parts vendors and being lucky.

There was a 4 page article in Prancing Horse issue 192 about the restoration of fog lights. There is a company to contact first, called Squadra Nuvolari, the persons name is Antonio Covelli. There is a website you can see also for this company. The new lenses are sold on eBay and sometimes a busted light assembly is sold on eBay. So keep looking and good luck.

3. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Hi F friend Nupsi, can you please introduce yourself here ?

Do you live in Colorado or China ? It may help if we know what car it is etc ...

Why EU versions ? Tell us your probems ...They are no longer for sale ...

4. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    I have a US version full set (left and right full housing) and a single right lens only. All OE (real glass) not plastic.

5. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    #5 Melvok, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I would keep those ........ worth a fortune nowadays !!

I have one US version RHS poly carbonate (platsic) lense only avilable :) see photo #3 for the different pattern of the U.S. version ...

And two EU versions RHS with a hole on the glass ...

DO protect these crucial foglights with (3-M) platsic covers .... !

Because of shortages, you sometimes see them for $1000 or more offerred a piece ... (by thieves) :(
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. sherrillt

sherrillt Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 1, 2009
    Northern Virginia
    Mel, yes - I thought about keeping them. Like the cars the parts that are no longer available are commanding amazing prices (shocking actually) and keep going up. I acquired them as a "just in case" set due to having a cracked lens like you had and unable to locate them...but now I need to clean my garage out and might ebay some items.

7. nupsi

nupsi Rookie

Nov 23, 2014
    Hamburg, Germany
    Thanks for your replies. You are right, it is nicer to know about people they asking questions about such cars. :)

I life in Hamburg, Germany and I have a 512 TR from 1993. The car is corsa with tan and has 42.000 km. As many other TRs it has blind beams. So I cleaned all beams but made a big mistake with the fog light assembly. After disassembling I used a ultrasonic cleaning bath and after seconds the surface of the reflectors disappears.
    After a quick research I know that it is very rare and hard to get. I bought the last two fog light housings as spare from eurospares, but also I need a full assembly or the reflector parts.

So for me a broken lens is not a problem. I need the stuff inside. If you have, please let me know.

@MELVOK: Where can I buy these 3M shields?