Setting Fuel Injection system idle, ect | FerrariChat

Setting Fuel Injection system idle, ect

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by dwhite, Jan 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

After having my distributor cap pitted, with greenish junk building up on the contacts and having cleaned it off for the 3rd and last time. The 3rd time It came back in 20 minutes and this issue would cause rough running; time to change the ingition parts.

So, I took out a second motgage and replaced cap, rotor and wires and the car is running fantastic with power right to redline. I did not change the extenders as they all were within spec when I tested them, but i still may change them anyway. Now after a day and 80 miles of spirited driving I will pull the plugs and have a look at them to see their color.

But after doing this I want to make sure the FI settings are in spec. The P.O. had the the fuel distributors rebuilt and the car idles a bit high - 1400 RPM. Just curious if anyone has adjusted the fuel injection system and what equipment is necessary to do this procedure. The car is running really great, but I want to make sure it is running it's best.

Should I just take it to someone who knows the cars or is it somthing a decent backyard mechanic can do? Thanks for any info you can share.

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    even if the extenders are all within spec they could be malfunction
    just a few weeks before I had here a 308 GTS QV and the extenders have been with right resistance all, but on the scope I have seen they have been not working right. some sparks going from the extenders directly to ground and the plug was not igniting.

3. Otus

Otus Rookie

Jul 23, 2013
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Idle speed setting procedure can be found from Workshop Manual.
    If you have KE-Jet, use 'workshop Manual Supplement For Variant With Catalytic Converters', pages D101-D104

Can be easily done by DIY, if you needed tools available.