Sealed Beam Headlight Replacement | FerrariChat

Sealed Beam Headlight Replacement

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by qwazipsycho, Jan 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #1 qwazipsycho, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Aloha,

A buddy of mine (you'll remember him as "Hawaii" on this forum) gave me a couple of these Liteglow Sealed Beam Replaement Housings after selling his TR. He said he ordered them for his car which was a '90. Mine is an '89.

I don't know if there is a difference in the headlights between the two years but these don't fit in my car. The ring that you set the headlight into has 3 slots in it that mate with 3 protrusions on the back of the headlight. They do not line up. You can see the 3 metal tangs on the back of the replacement housings in the pics below. They are in the wrong position for my car.

Has anyone replaced your sealed beam with these housings? They take a standard H4 Halogen bulb. There is no additional ballast so I'm also wondering how this might affect the Testarossa's spectacular electrical system.

Experiences anybody??
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    I don't know anything about that brand. I replaced my US sealed beams with CIBE H4 from Daniel Stern. They fit and work great. But I upgraded the wiring with relays with the heavy current coming direct from the battery. This takes the load off the switch and is easily reversible. From what I read there is a big difference in quality with H4 or Halogen headlights conversions.

3. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Scott there wasn't any change in the lamps between 89 and 90. In fact the lamp housing appears to have been the same for all markets and all (testarossa) years (though each of the four housings could only go in one position).

4. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    #4 Melvok, Jan 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    OK, it looks like these go in the donation bin. I'm not sure what they fit but it's not a TR. I'll have to start from scratch on this project. Thanks for the input. I'm sure I'll be looking for something that bypasses the rest of the electrical.