More TR on the big screen baby!! | FerrariChat

More TR on the big screen baby!!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Bradwilliams, Feb 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#1 Bradwilliams, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    That's right, she's a legend, and she just couldn't stay away from the big screen forever. First wolf, now this historically significant flick. For those of you who don't remember the infamous chase in 94, Dre took off from West Hollywood, and made it all the way to woodland hills before the police could catch him. I can still remember my big brother telling me the story :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVKjM2YYKXA

2. meantestarossa

meantestarossa Karting

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Ron McDaniel
    Oh I remember. In that hypnotic white Testarossa! I can't wait to see this movie. Dr. Dre & Ice Cube from humble beginnings to now! Wow!

3. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

No doubt about it! I always knew Dr Dre was special from the beginning. None of those labels would have gone anywhere without him. I'm not even into rap music, but the man was musically talented beyond belief. He really is and was always on an entirely different level than everybody else. He's basically the David Foster of Rap.

4. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
  5. ace355

ace355 Formula Junior

May 23, 2008
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Chris
  6. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

A friend of mine's dad had a bodyguard at one point that knows him. According to him, he still has the car. But not 100 percent sure. Anybody know?

7. wintech

wintech Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    Perth WA
    Full Name:
    Pete K
    My apologies if this offends all rapper wannabes on FChat,

Over the last 20 or so years, 2 words that do NOT describe music -
    one is Doof
    and the other is .............................................Doof

Personally I feel saddened to see the Marque degraded by the "attaining of the previously unobtainable"mindset, presented in this trailer.

But then again, those not too dissimilar moving images pre MTV captured my imagination which brought about my ownership (struggle, passion, vision sans Doof Doof) I kinda get the feeling from the trailer the Marque is more symbolic as a class struggle Icon; and possibly will be treat with the same disrespect that the Thin Blue Line seem to be receiving.

OK its another movie, the car/Marque though is a prop for the wrong reasons. WoWS was the same...thankfully not too much footage exposure. A bit like tattoo's at 18 can be an embarrassment at 40. Heading into my 50last year, I am fortunate my career path remained blue collar, albeit an embarrassing talking point.

My shekel's worth

8. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

I partially agree. However, people were saying the same thing when John Lennon and the other rockers were buying up the Rolls Royces in the 60s and 70s. Everybody freaked. And yes, when I do see a rapper in the modern day buy a Ferrari, (which doesn't happen too often, I'd imagine Dre was probably the first) I do think that it taints the brand. Not the case with Dr. Dre though, guy is a musical genius.

9. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
  10. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Jerry Heller is my parents neighbor and he brought Dre, and Eazy E to the neighborhood in the mid 90's. We used to go past Dre's house (his mother lives there now), and always see the white TR parked in the driveway. At this time my dad had a red Tr and a F40, so we would drive by and get the thumbs up. It always kiled me that Dre didn't keep the car in the garage. He also had a Porsche turbo cab or turbo look cab (1989 model?). Good times

11. kartboy1234

kartboy1234 Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2014
    Palos Verdes, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael L
    I actually looked at the car that was featured in this movie. It's a white 87, they wanted $82,000 for it but it was a basket case. Apparently it got hit while filming and they sheared a mirror off. The place selling it in LA redid the interior and did nothing to the engine. I was waiting for a trailer to be posted. I ran from that car.

12. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Very cool! Driving down the street in the TR and getting a thumbs up from the doctor=AWESOME. So do you know if he still has the car? I had a similar story in Indianapolis in a negative light. My brother was a terrible driver when I was in high school. Edgerrin James lived in our neighborhood and was always hanging out with the rapper Trick daddy. He was in town once at The Edge's place, my brother cut him off while turning to go toward our neighborhood. He gave my brother the finger, I laughed at him so hard!

13. jlonmark

jlonmark F1 Rookie

Mar 29, 2005
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    He got rid of the TR years ago. He then had a black 360'spider. Since he's a billionaire now- he probably has a few more cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Thanks for the info. Sounds like the car probably got parted. The other car I always wondered about was the 88 Jordan TR. It has not surfaced at all since MJ had it. It most likely was also parted, it would have resurfaced at some point over three decades.

15. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Would they part out the cars with celebrity ownership if they're not wrecked? I would think that would add to the value (a'la Eddie Murphy).

16. MonoSpecchio

MonoSpecchio Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2006
    SoCal in the IE
    I wouldn't assume either of those TRs got parted. A lot of TRs go into garages and aren't seen again. MJ traded his in for a black 512TR if I remember right. Sir Mix-a-lot still has his black '87 TR.

As for unsavory characters owning Ferraris...been happening a long time...every hair metal star of the 70s and 80s had them too.

I can't find any reference online to Dr. Dre's TR police chase mentioned earlier. Was it widely reported at the time?

17. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian

I wonder if its Scaledetails old car? I took a peek at it when it was for sale at Copart in Van Nuys about 18 months ago. White with chrome wheels and a tired interior (reason for the new interior?). It started and idled fine when I looked at it.....no misfires. Hell, it didnt even smoke on start up and we had to use a battery cart.

18. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Yes, it definitely was. I grew up in the midwest, and heard about it. My brother most likely saw it reported on mtv or heard from a friend. I don't think we had internet at the time. Just do a google news or book search, it's all over the place.

Best car chase of 94 IMO. Bronco chase?? NAH :)

19. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #19 El Wayne, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. hnyc

hnyc Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Think it's a bit of a stretch that back then (early '90s) someone was making a center lug wheel for a tiny application (single lug testarossa) which had only a 2.5 year window. If you look at the still that "El Wayne" put up, the 'nut' covers the whole fascia of the hub area. Never seen a centerlock do that before. My guess is a 1988 and up car that had 5 stars put on with a center cap cover mimicking a lug nut. Very popular at the time.
    Also Dre's chase with the cops was discussed in his VH-1 Behind the Music episode.

21. Bradwilliams

Bradwilliams F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

#21 Bradwilliams, Feb 13, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
    It is in fact a 1987, it was noted in the news articles I've seen.

Dr. Dre Sentenced to Eight Months in Jail.

I remember they also mentioned that Dre was trying to buy one back in the NWA days. It was on one of the outro skits. "The help Dre get a Testarossa Ferrari fund"

Although I'm pretty sure the guy butchered the pronunciation LOL

22. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Im going to an advanced screening in Detroit on Wed. Cant wait!

23. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    How long are you hanging around for?

24. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

Detroit, now that's the real hood.

25. proof69

proof69 Formula 3

Sep 14, 2014

You got too love a man that uses the word Shekel.