Source for 89 TR front compartment carpet | FerrariChat

Source for 89 TR front compartment carpet

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by philvecc, Feb 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Had a resident mouse start a nest by picking out a small amount of nap from the top carpet. Just enough to bug me because it doesn't look right. Garage is now air tight and mouse free.
    Anyone know a source for PN 61531400, item 21, front compartment carpet, LHD, in black.
    I tried the usual, Ricambi, Ferrparts, etc. but not available.
    Thanks.

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I would check with GAHH first. The carpet material is actually a little unusual. It has white "wiskers" in it and if plain black is used it will look odd. If they can't help check with Reoriginals.

3. CornellCars

CornellCars Formula 3

Mar 24, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    GAHH doesn't have a kit, I've asked Jack a few times and he needs a pattern which I'll get to him eventually. World's kit is pretty good, but it's not 100% original, there are some separations and pieces that are multi-piece that were single piece in the original kit. Other than that, it was pretty nice, and the carpet nap is good but not perfect to original.

I'm not sure if Henk at HVL has checked the TR front trunk area yet, but if someone will be able to tell you about the original carpet style, it would be he; I know he didn't have the black snakebit underhood liner in his kit when he visited me after Cavallino but he said he was working on it, but he may be more familiar with the carpet.

4. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Thanks for the inputs. Their websites don't help much so I'll start making some calls.

5. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Formula Junior

May 10, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom
    if you are have trouble finding the piece, since you have black, you can buy any color and dye it black. Many products out there that work fine including ritz dye.

6. jim94-348

jim94-348 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have a set of carpet that I am going to pull out of the car and can send as a pattern. Do you have any cotact details or want to check with them to see if they are interested? Just PM me.

7. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Check with Ferrparts, they have been listing some on EBay for a while.