Weird black pebble at end of fuel distributor channel? | FerrariChat

Weird black pebble at end of fuel distributor channel?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by rpissm, Feb 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #1 rpissm, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey everyone!

Ok, just finished cleaning my fuel distributor (btw, mineral spirits + ultrasonic cleaner = awesome cleaning). I'm going thought the channels, making sure they're free of debris, and I found this weird black pebble-like thing at the end of one of the channels. Namely the small channel under the 206/4 stamp, near Cylinder 4 I believe. Sorry for the crappy pic below, but it's a picture of the screen of my mini camera. It's on the right side of the exit channel in there and is a small, black mass, like a pebble. I tried dislodging it a little but it didn't immediately budge so I figure I should ask the group. What are your thoughts on this pebble thing?

Thanks!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. OptimusPrime

OptimusPrime Formula Junior

May 10, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom
    I believe it is an insert that has moved out of position. Actually i was told its a tinny filter that can be removed without replacing. Not an expert but saw same thing on Ferrari distributor before and once removed they did not put new one back in hole and car tuned up fine. Hole will appear larger than other holes unless insert/filter is removed from other holes as well.