Unique color combination interior? | FerrariChat

Unique color combination interior?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by arcticlighting, Feb 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. arcticlighting

arcticlighting Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian Chapman
    Hello everyone,
    My '85 TR has an interior color combination that I have not seen on any other TR's. I know for a fact that it is all factory interior as well. The seats are black, the dash is black, the carpet is tan, the door panels are tan, and the arm rests on the door panels are black. From my research on other TR's, most have a brown dash or if they have a black dash, the entire interior is black. Does anyone else have a combination like this? Or something similar? Thanks!

-Brian

2. chabch

chabch Formula 3

Aug 15, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    #2 chabch, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    Hi Brian, yes it is unusual! Definitely a black dash doesn't mean everything else is black. Mine has crema seats and door panels, black carpet, armrests, and dash. You can see a picture in my profile.

I think what's unusual about your combination is definitely tan carpet and black seats. I've never seen this combination before.

3. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    It would be nice if you could post pics. Never seen or heard about this before.

4. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    Mine has Tan seats, red carpet, black dash, red carpets on doors...inside door handles black like the dash...It really stands out...One of the main reasons I bought it over the common brown dash's

5. arcticlighting

arcticlighting Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian Chapman
    Sorry On vacacation this week my son is doing a lot of research on both my cars. My other is a 308 GTB 1977. So now he has my interest up.

Will post some interior pictures on Monday when I get back. Sorry not even close to the car right now.

thank you much

Brian

6. HOF Ferrari

HOF Ferrari Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Canton, Ohio
    Full Name:
    AFG
    #6 HOF Ferrari, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. raysur

raysur Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 3, 2008
    So. Cal.
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    #7 raysur, Feb 27, 2015
  8. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I don't think my car would have been nice with yellow carpet.

Very nice variation for the cars with proper color.

9. arcticlighting

arcticlighting Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian Chapman
    #9 arcticlighting, Mar 2, 2015
    Well made it back to the states in one piece after vacation.
    Here are the pictures of my Testarossa.

Yes that is an old cell phone in the picture, still have the box in the front bonnet area, and the wires then run to the phone. Even have the receipt on when it was installed. Thought it was pretty cool to leave it, really shows the change from back then to now. Phone the size of a Laptop in today's world.

I purchased some mats from Michael (here on the site has a 512TR) and thought they look great with my black seats, trying to save the originals. Pretty nice fit. Took one picture with and without the mats.

Couldn't help an engine picture. I had it detailed prior to my vacation, so coming back to a spotless car was a treat.

Anyway you can see a different interior to most. Similar to the red interior posted earlier, which by the way looks amazing. Mine still needs some small TLC items but that can happen over time.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. arcticlighting

arcticlighting Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Spokane, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian Chapman
    #10 arcticlighting, Mar 2, 2015
  11. chabch

chabch Formula 3

Aug 15, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Wow, it is unique indeed. I like it! I do think however that it looks better without the black mats (and the red cavalino), you should get beige mats, it would make this unique color combination stand out!