Ferrarilover(Haig) former car on Ebay | FerrariChat

Ferrarilover(Haig) former car on Ebay

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by godabitibi, Mar 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    #1 godabitibi, Mar 20, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  2. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    What a beautiful car.

3. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    #3 Testarossa Lover, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    It was painful to see this post with my personal information on the invoices shared publicly without my authorization.

Was it really necessary to post the invoices in such? Not very cool if you ask me.

4. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Haig, if its any consolidation I cant read anything.....and I tried zoom etc. But yea, not a class move on the seller.

5. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    I tried the same and maybe because I know who I am and where I live and who the other owners were that I am able to identify things. Perhaps the seller on eBay is not the same person I sold the car to.

6. archibald drinkwater

Aug 31, 2009
    portland
    Full Name:
    patrick f.
    yeah, 100% not possible to discern any owner names on those invoices. i wouldn't worry about it.

7. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    That makes me feel better.

8. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Ok, I just received confirmation from the seller that he actually did reduce the resolution before posting the ad so it was difficult for others to read.

For any interested buyers, I am happy to answer any questions.

9. Hawkeye

Hawkeye F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2009

I purposely altered the resolution to avoid any issues like this, let's all relax a little. By the way, THE RESERVE IS OFF!

10. FTanner

FTanner Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    Frank
    It seems like the seller is running a clean ad for it and I give him credit. He disclosed the $30,000 accident and the fact that the car has almost 50,000 miles and guess what??? People are bidding the car up because it was well maintained and it looks sweet.
    The invoices do not show anything discernable and who cares if it did?? The seller has a right to market the car the way he wants. All paperwork belongs to him. If it was an issue of privacy then Haig should have redacted that info when he transferred the service records over.

I only wish there were more sellers that were honest up front and disclosed the important crap without having to go on deep sea exploration to find it. I hope he gets his money.

11. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Wasn't Haig's damaged by that Semi that collided with him?

12. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Yes Haig was the victim of that accident. He made a full thread about it and showed the repairs and all. The actual owner and seller are I guess well aware of that and would have been publically executed here if they wouldn't have made a CLEAR ad.

Wise choice.

This car is very well known here and we all know it was well kept and loved and IMHO the accident is nothing to be scared off.
    This is a nice car in a great color combo. One of my prefered.

13. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Read post #8. All good.

14. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    That's correct.

15. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    #16 Testarossa Lover, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2015
    I loved every minute of ownership and memorable 30,000+ miles. I have her original steering wheel at my office which I will be framing.

16. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I've always been attracted to your (former) car but 2 things always stung me... (1) The TWO mirrors :) (but that was never an ultimate deal breaker) & (2) The taxes that the car would pay entering to Puerto Rico... :(

That was a great under your ownership my friend. :)

17. Testarossa Lover

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    Hi Jaime...

Thank you for the kind words, she was special, so special that if I didn't have the accident and my back was not whacked, I would have never sold her. The car was well cared for at the time of my purchase and I maintained her after. I fell in love with her and love at first sight when we were introduced. I didn't hesitate and didn't negotiate purchasing her.

She filled my life with joy, fun and more importantly gave me a chance to meet all of you here, explore opportunities and touch special people like Alexander with MS who wanted to hear the sound of a Ferrari. This community made it possible, something I will never forget.

Lets talk about Chad.." Hawkeye" what a gentleman and man of his word and a true car enthusiasts. He made the offer, wired the money, picked up the TR all in just 3 days.

As I was walking to the AAA office to turn in title transfer form, Chad called me just in time and said: "Haig, if you want to cancel the deal, please do it. There has been times that I regret selling one of my cars and wish had a chance to cancel." I thanked him and wished him the best with the TR.

When Chad decided to sell the car, he contacted me and offered her back. The deal points were very attractive. Unfortunately, with my bad back continuing to be in pain and the recent purchase of my Supercharged XJ, I didn't move with the transaction.

On the day of being listed on eBay, Chad once again reached out to me to make sure that the TR was first made available to me with a PM. I explained my situation once again and hoped that he sends her to a good home.

As the clock ticks away on eBay, my heart beat kick up ot the next level. Email, text message and calls have swarmed me today from friends, dealers and even family members.

I am not sure which was easier... selling the car myself a year ago or watching her being auctioned off today.

I received couple of calls and those who are interested in the TR are welcome to reach me. As Chad stated in his ad, she is rare, clean and wants to be driven.

Ok, I am not done yet... Back to the single mirror issue. You know you could have taken it off... LOL as to the taxes, well I can't help you there Jamie...:(

To all my friends here, thank you for your support and the love you shared to make a Testarossa ownership as unique as it can be.

18. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    :) Well said my friend.

19. okiedude

okiedude Formula 3

Jul 11, 2011
    Remulak
    Full Name:
    Blake
    Sorry I've been away from the group the last few months, my automotive life has been full of Subaru's and Nissan(Kill me now). I about crapped when I just saw Haig's Sweetheart on BAT! I was hoping she would have stayed with a caring owner longer, but as mentioned above the add seems to be full disclosure and she's getting right up there in price. Only 3 hours to go, someone will get a damn fine car! Hope they find this place.