512M Ferrari of San Antonio GONE $549k | FerrariChat

512M Ferrari of San Antonio GONE $549k

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Themaven, May 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    $549k asking price. Was up for about a week. Rosso/nero, standard seats, 11k miles. Looked perfect. Took a screenshot of the page when it was up, just to be sure I wasn't dreaming.

2. Long Beach Pride

Mar 13, 2014
    Long Beach Ca
    Full Name:
    Alfred E. Neumen
    I'm sorry, are you saying the car sold for that much?

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    No. And who knows what it sold for but I am confident that tidbit will be unimportant to many.

I have seen dealers take a small percentage of the asking in some cases. They often ask the moon just to sample the market place.

4. Long Beach Pride

Mar 13, 2014
    Long Beach Ca
    Full Name:
    Alfred E. Neumen
    #4 Long Beach Pride, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    What year was she? There I go again, treating a Ferrari as an inanimate object again - I don't even do that for Porsche's!

I see the valuation has climbed just like the F512M with Hagerty having the car topping out around $400K for a number 1 Concourse example. That is coming from a recent $124K a year ago. Reminds me of the rise in valuation of the older 4 Cam 12 Cylinder Ferrari's from the 60's and early 70's.

I think it's about time the TR/M have finally appreciated to where they should have been for the past 5 to 10 years. Back when In my youth if you told me you could buy one for about $125K in the year 2015 I would have said you were smoking crack.

5. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    I spoke with Gene at San Antonio, sold for 500k

6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I saw the title and thought it was in the wrong section - it really is a road 512M for that money and not a 70s racing 512M !!!!!

7. DanielG

DanielG Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2005
    Veradale
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    And I think it was a 1995.
    And I think it's time to sell my 94TR

8. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    You can always sell - and get a F430 and still have some money left over for your kids.

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That would be a BB LM.
    I recall them around $375K.

That was when TRs were at MSRP, though...

10. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    what please is MSRP?

11. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Manufacturer's suggested retail price

12. 512man

512man Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2014
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Tobbe
    MSRP="Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price"

13. 512man

512man Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2014
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Tobbe
    Jon...You faster.

14. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Given the comparables I didn't think 549k was a kite price. I wouldn't sell my 512M for 500k USD. Special car...

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I am sorry Romano!

I simply meant "it was when the TR was new car"..

I agree the Ms are so rare they really have always had their own price curve...

16. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    the cheapest 512M offered just now at mobile.de is only 215k euro Ferrari 512M * deutsches Auto 1.Hand * als Sportwagen/Coupé in Weilmünster

why sorry buppa?
    I only asked about what does the MSRP means

so thanks to jon and tobbe :)

17. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
  18. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    That's one lucky, deaf, baby. :)

19. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Im obviously going to be flamed for this but i feel the tr prices are going to be first to plummet back to earth during the next market correction. Other than the rarity of the m, there is no reason for these crazy prices. I dont get the 'last mid engine v12' arguments either as mondials are last 4 seat mid engine and who cares

20. stevenwk

stevenwk F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2007
    Metro Detroit
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Not going to flame you, but support you.

You hit the nail on the head: rarity. That's the reason.

Earlier this month a 24 cent inverted jenny stamp from 1918 sold for $350,000. Worth more than any other substance by weight on earth. However, only one sheet of a hundred ever existed and less than that have survived. It makes no sense, other than the fact that people like to have things that are difficult to obtain (rare) and expensive.

I agree that TRs will get hit, but the M will not be affect as much the next go around.

21. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    To add, there is not or ever has been 500k worth of car in a TR of any kind. The person that paid that kind on money for it is either and idiot, or had a pile of money he needed to get rid of fast. The money they got is boarder line criminal. It's almost as if the buyer got scammed buy a smooth talking salesmen.

22. geno berns

geno berns F1 Rookie

Oct 26, 2006
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Geno
    #22 geno berns, May 15, 2015
    Last edited: May 15, 2015
    And you're an authority on what? Value of all TR variants? You're calling people that have a half of million dollars to pay for a rare car an idiot, possibly a criminal? I seriously doubt it. Sounds like you really know value or lack off it. So what has your barometer told you to do with your Ferraris? What sold too soon and now sore about it? Don't even own any your self cuz you're too smart to pay today's prices? Maybe counting on your 92 Benz or 01 BMW going up so you're going long! You're assessments are getting old and you never offer any thing constructive except insults and bitter attitude.

QUOTE=tbakowsky;143937195]To add, there is not or ever has been 500k worth of car in a TR of any kind. The person that paid that kind on money for it is either and idiot, or had a pile of money he needed to get rid of fast. The money they got is boarder line criminal. It's almost as if the buyer got scammed buy a smooth talking salesmen.[/QUOTE]

23. Long Beach Pride

Mar 13, 2014
    Long Beach Ca
    Full Name:
    Alfred E. Neumen
    #23 Long Beach Pride, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015
    Edit: Sold for only $500K, I don't know why but for some reason in my head I thought they were asking $429K! Maybe I had this one confused with another, car that is!

As for the German car, what condition is it in? Is it a driver's car #2 or #3? Has it had A/C and Belt Service's recently?

Up until recently I feel the and M have been undervalued. But we all know what happens, sometimes, when asset's increase in value very quickly and as high as these cars have.

Besides even though it would be a depreciating asset if I were to spend $500K, I would buy an F12. Unfortunately I waited too long for a 959 and would rather have the Pagani.

24. meantestarossa

meantestarossa Karting

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Ron McDaniel
    I love how it's usually the ones that missed the boat of ownership that decry the prices Testarossa's/TR's/M"s are fetching today. The last mid engine 12 cylinder has a lot to say about the values of these cars. What other mid engined 12 cylinder can you purchase under $400K??? Pagani Huayra, Lamborghini Aventador, F50, Enzo, La Ferrari, etc. Nope!!! You have the Testarossa variants, Countach's, Diablo's and Murcielago's. Once these babies head north in the deep 6 figures to 7 figures that's all she wrote gentlemen. You don't have to like it or agree with the rapid appreciation of these cars but make no mistake about it the only direction they are going is north.

25. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    ^^
    I don't think anyone is ragging on TR's out of envy or spite; just surprised of how rapid they've shot up lately especially after a 20 year hiatus. Even Haggerty valuation is showing ~50% appreciation in the last 3 months. That's nuts by any measure and I don't know of any other asset class that shows similar yields.