FMS Car Parts | FerrariChat

FMS Car Parts

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by jgmblair, May 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    Anybody have any info on these guys? Have been dealing with David for the last 3 months trying to get my parts but now email being kicked back, website not functional and phone direct to voicemail! Thanks in advance.
    Jeff

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Sorry to hear.

I have not heard of them till now and to be honest there are a couple of good established companies around and cannot think of a single reason not to use one of them.

3. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    Thanks for the reply Brian, up to this point have had a good relationship but very frustrating right now to say the least. Will end up ordering and paying for the parts again from one of the more reputable companies.

4. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    What do you need. I have a driver side tail lamp grille for Testarossa/512TR

R

5. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    Thanks Robbie,
    I need the cork gaskets for the distributors, a couple of hill tensioner bearings ( I now have 4 SKF bearings) and a couple of bosh fuel filters for an early single mirror car.

Jeff

6. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    Do you not like the SKF bearings?

7. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    Well from what I have read the Hill bearings seem to get a great review and when I ordered my parts I was told I would receive the upgraded Hill bearings because they were superior to the SKF bearings. When I received my parts I did not received the Hill bearings but got the SKF bearings, emailed the supplier "yes we fu*&%ed up" will send you the Hill bearings a month later got another package with another set of SKF bearings. At this point I'm done chasing my tail will cut my losses install the SKF bearings order the rest of the parts I need and get my car back on the road. Very disappointing to deal with this s*&t lesson learned I guess!

8. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    if those SKF bearings are original SKF you would not have a problem
    but may be you got "replica" SKF bearing? so only the name is on the bearings but not produced by SKF?
    the original package has a hologram

9. Turbopanzer

Turbopanzer F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2011
    Under a bonnet
    Full Name:
    Panzer
    That is why I asked. The world market today produces lots of "replica" parts. If it is a real SKF then it will perform as good or better than Hill. Just make sure its real.

10. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    Well these are the bearings I was sent and they were shipped from one of the major UK parts suppliers. Is there any way to determine how old these are from the markings on them?

Jeff
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

2 problems with that.

Ricambi has the sole US rights to sell Hill parts. Even if FMS had them he would have been buying from Ricambi. If you want a Hill product in the US you really need to go to Ricambi to get it.

Hill does not make a tensioner bearing for the TR. SKF is what there is, it is a great product and no reason to reinvent the wheel here.

12. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    Thanks for the insight.
    Jeff

13. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I just called my main distributor because of how we could see if it would be original SKF or rebuilt.
    we have here now after 5 pm friday and nearly no one who could tell me is working anymore. I try again on munday

14. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    I may be wrong, but SKF boxes I have seen look diffrent than that...

15. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #15 Rifledriver, May 8, 2015
    Last edited: May 8, 2015
    Are we going to create more internet paranoia here or just buy some parts and fix a ****ing car?

Everyone who thinks they are fake bearings raise your hand and explain.

I'd really like to hear more about the box. Whats wrong with it?

Jesus Christ you guys

get a clue.

If you all got off the internet and dealt with some real live established, knowledgeable, experienced suppliers and repair shops you would get the right parts and the right information instead of a bunch of ill informed bull**** from internet experts who have gone a long way in creating more bad information, disinformation and wives tales than all the prior idiocy of the prior 50 years.

16. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    Agree.

Phil

17. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    Brian,
    In principle, you are right.
    but I have here my own shop and even some distributors I get parts from delivered "rebuilt" parts to me.
    and 50 years ago the chinese have not been on the market. now they copy nearly all, with less knowledge and poor base material - that is the problem and has nothing to do with the internet. only positive thing of the internet is now that all know what kind of sh.t is on the market

18. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    My local bearing supplier can supply me with the BA2B bearing. However, it is not made by SKF. It is though, made by a couple of very reputable bearing manufacturers.

P

19. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    +1
    :(

P

20. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Brian, I have seen many SKF bearings and the boxes they came in. I have not seen a box like that from SKF. I said I might be wrong so get the F@#K off your high horse with your insults. Maybe you are not aware that the Chinese are manufacturing fake SKF bearings?

FYI....with your attitude, you are the last person I would ever take any car to......

21. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    #21 Jaguar 15, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    Some "bad information, disinformation and wives tales".....from SKF website:

SKF Brand Protection Movie - On YouTube

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnyFwY3tXAo[/ame]

-------------------------------------------------------

Anti-counterfeiting -A widespread industry

Counterfeit products are an issue for all branded bearing manufacturers. They exist in all geographical markets, in all industrial segments and for all bearing types and sizes. Seals and grease products are also affected.
    Customers are being cheated

Counterfeit bearings and other counterfeit products are usually low-cost, no name products. They are illegally labeled and marketed with another company's brand, and placed in packaging that appears identical to genuine packaging used by the brand owner. Counterfeit bearings are sold to unsuspecting customers, usually around the same price as genuine products.

Machinery breakdowns and possible injuries

The risks for the customer can be serious. Counterfeit bearings may cause machinery breakdowns, costly production stoppages and injuries to people.

Raising awareness

SKF continuously communicates with customers and authorized distributors to spread the knowledge about counterfeits and how to avoid being cheated. More information is also available in the brochure "Where are your bearings coming from?"

SKF actively assists local law enforcement authorities in taking action against this illegal trade. Successful raids and closed businesses do great harm to the counterfeit trade.
    SKF and other bearing manufacturers work together through the World Bearing Association (WBA). WBA is currently investing in a global information campaign against counterfeiting. Learn more on the Stop Fake Bearings ? World Bearing Association campaign site.

Call to action
    The best way to safeguard product authenticity is to source SKF products through SKF authorized sources.

If you believe that you have accidentally purchased a counterfeit, or would like to anonymously inform us of activity in this area, contact SKF at [email protected]. Staff from SKF Group Headquarters will handle your mail with confidentiality.

22. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    thanks for the informative video :)

23. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    You are welcome romano....

24. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    There are a lot of fakes in Europe and I only deal with the parts that come in manufacturers boxes with the hologram.

For the price it is just not worth the risk despite the hype. IMO

P

25. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    #25 jgmblair, May 16, 2015
    Last edited: May 16, 2015