History wanted for 512 BB #36009 | FerrariChat

History wanted for 512 BB #36009

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Abi2612, May 20, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Abi2612

Abi2612 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Mar 4, 2005
    Schauenburg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Andreas Birner
    #1 Abi2612, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi, Boxer spotters!

I am trying to research the history of 512 BB #36009 which spent most of its life in the U.S.

#36009 was (and still is) rosso chiaro with Boxer trim and beige interior. It was supplied new in Italy to a dealer named in the Factory's records as "Venice Sport Car Srl.". Much to my surprise, no company of this name was EVER listed in the official dealer directories!

However, #36009's service book was NEVER filled-in and is completely blank till today, neither the supplying dealer nor the first owner is stated on the first page / warranty card.

Paperwork coming with the car indicates that the car was shipped directly on April 1st, 1981 from Italy to an American of Italian descent, Gino Palmarola, resident at 10 Washington Place in East Rutherford, NJ. I have checked several telephone directories, Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History Records at Ancestry.com and similar - there's no record of a Gino Palmarola anywhere.

Along with the car came the photos which I publish below, obviously dating from the 1980s. Does anybody recognize one of the men on the photos? Photos were taken with Manhattan in the background, and it looks like the car had won some concours event or similar. Does anyone recognize this impressive tower-style trophy??

Interesting is also the EPA / DOT conversion which had apparently been applied to the car, adding that small extra bumper to #36009's front.

I don't know what happened with #36009 between 1981 and 2009, but would love to find out.

On March 13, 2009 it was titled to Anthony R. Meehan, Jr., of Tampa, FL. Tony Meehan runs a workshop in Tampa. I don't know whether he owned #36009 for a long period or whether he bought the car for resale.

However, in September of 2010 #36009 was offered on eBay by the Luxury Auto Mall of Tampa, FL, stating it had 3.305 mls. and came from a collection where it had been in storage for 25 years. Asking price was 109.000 $.

On October 8, 2010 the car was sold by Meehan to Thomas H. Schlereth, a known collector resident in Munich, Germany, who exported #36009 to Germany.

At some point Schlereth sold #36009 to Hans-Peter Scherer of Bendorf, Germany, who registered the car on the classic car plate MYK-07540.

On September 30, 2013 the registration was cancelled and the BB was exported in December of 2014 to Belgium, having been sold to the dealer Anciens Etablissement Vanderveken S.A. of Woluwe-Saint-Lambert, Belgium.

In March of 2015, #36009 already returned to Germany, having been sold to a private individual in Dortmund, Germany, very obviously with the intention of an immediate resale.

At the classic car show "Techno Classica" between April 15 and 19, 2015 #36009 was on consignment with Peter Schleifer's Classic & Race Cars of Günzburg, Germany. During the show, the car was sold to the current owner in Germany who asked me to research its history.

So, can anybody shade some light on #36009's history between 1981 and 2009?

Any help is appreciated! You may also email me privately at andreas.birner [at] me.com.

Thanks!

Andreas
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login