Intoxicating sound! | FerrariChat

Intoxicating sound!

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by zorro, May 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zorro

zorro Karting

Jul 16, 2011
    Hello Everyone,

Took the plunge and bought a mint 1991 Testarossa white/crema with 20,000kms (12,000 miles). Car is bone stock right down to the exhaust. Gotta say how intoxicating that turbine/jet sound is, so classy and smooth too. When I had my 1992 Euro TR it had a Capristo on it, sounded great in short doses but I found it droned and made me tired after a while. In terms of driving impressions the Testarossa is a joy, great drivability/ visibility and it's quite a useable car. As for people that state the brakes, handling etc,, are inferior, I say the correct statement would be that they are period correct. I have a 430 Scuderia and when in the mood for shall we say a more spirited drive, that would be my choice. Likewise I would take my 1984 308GTSi QV if I'm in the mood for a fun little hike through the mountains. My point is…. Choose the tool for the job at hand, no real need for comparisons or to somehow make a given car into something it's not. All the best to you all for the summer driving season. ENJOY!!!!!

Cheers,

Zorro

2. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Always wondered where that turbine whirl sound comes from. Is it the cam belts or gearbox?

3. zorro

zorro Karting

Jul 16, 2011
    Gotta be the belts because it does it at standstill too