artcurial auction coming up | FerrariChat

artcurial auction coming up

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by ross, May 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    a friend of mine, and the person from whom i bought my own 512bbi many years ago, has put in a 365 bb, a 512bb, and a 512bbi to the auction upcoming. so lets see what happens.
    it will be a good litmus test

2. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

not so sure it will be a litmus test properly but certainly will be a new data point on the 3 variants:)

what are the respective details and conditions?

3. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

did not see the bbi nor the 365 bb.

4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    That site takes awhile for everything to load.....the '79 is down the page, looks like it has a fender kit, massive rear tires!!

ross told me the story of his purchase.

This seller is quite the cat!!

5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    the side completely loaded from lot 1 to lot 72
    I can see only the BB carb ( lot 67 ), not the 365 and not the BBi :(
    but a lot of other nice cars :)

6. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    the truck leaves tomorrow i think, and only cursory pics have been taken, and they will take better ones for the site and catalogue once there, so the one you are seeing already there may not even be his.

quite frankly, i would not buy any of his cars.
    they are usually super low mileage, in very good cosmetic condition, but he does not drive the cars at all, and i know that 365 bb has sat for years and years in his underground garage. they will all likely need a mechanical overhaul, but that wont be evident in the pics or the cursory view that buyers will get at the auction - caveat emptor.

he would not tell me the reserves he was planning to set - very cagey old fart.

btw, funnily enough, his opinion of the price rises for the tr line was that it was ridiculous and unwarranted. that may be because he does not own any of those, but nevertheless....

7. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    anyone have the results of the auction handy?

8. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    trying to catch up on my scm mags, i finally got through the march edition last night, and realized that my advanced notice of my friends cars being sold, was off by a couple months - they actually went tot he artcurial sales last november.

so, if you are an scm reader, look at the write up for the november sale and you will see his 3 cars described in greater detail.

the 365 did not sell, but the 512bb and 512bbi did and for very high prices.

these were among the cars when he gave me my choice of which one i wanted to buy back in 2009.

i can tell more about them to whoever bought them.