Oro Chiaro? | FerrariChat

Oro Chiaro?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by 134282, Jun 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    The Glasurit sticker on this Testarossa suggests that it's Oro Chiaro. But I've seen Oro Chiaro before, and it looks more goldish, whereas this car looks ...kinda pale green.

Also, I'm accustomed to seeing the paint sticker on a Testarossa in the upper right-hand corner of the underside of the rear deck lid, not on the underside of the front bonnet. I know color sticker placement was never an exact science at Ferrari, but does anyone have any pictures of other Testarossas where the color sticker is on the underside of the front bonnet and not on the underside of the rear deck lid?

Also, does anyone have any pictures of another Testarossa also liveried in Oro Chiaro? I know it could look weird in sunlight, but I'm still not convinced this car is Oro Chiaro.

2. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Should be in the underside of front bonnet.

R

3. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    #3 ozziindaus, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Paint label is OK.

It is a color that sometimes looks different on a computer screen. I bet in person it is more gold than green.

The rear hood latches have been replated and the front latches should not be plated but painted black after being bolted on the hood.

Ferrari never did that nice a job.

Wrong tool kit.

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    Looks mostly goldish to me, with a very slight tint of green on some photos, especially in the ones with the greenery as a backdrop.

6. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    #6 El Wayne, Jun 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Carbon, a word of advice: stop trying to make color judgments based on digital images. Car colors are often thrown off by different lighting situations, crappy cameras, inept photographers, and people who think they're improving their images by cranking up the contrast and saturation after the fact.

The color in those TR photos has obviously been jacked up. They should look more like this:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Ahh, now I see the green

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Thank you, Wayne, and thanks everyone else.

9. exotic30

exotic30 Karting

Jun 22, 2008
    Looks like they tried to HDR a non-HDR image, this typically changes colors in unpredictable ways.

10. CornellCars

CornellCars Formula 3

Mar 24, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Carbon, it's as pure light gold as can be imagined, but the camera gets thrown off on some colors by the green background. And for the record, I don't up my contrast or saturation, HDR non HDR, or anything of the sort, but some colors on green backgrounds just don't work out. Rosso corsa tends to go full salmon/pink/orange in close-ups in sunlight as well. An excellent article on the issue can be found here: RGB: All About Digital Camera Color for those interested.

11. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Lots of sellers play with the colors to produce a nice picture. Sometimes the true nature of the beast gets lost in translation. Interesting color though.

12. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    By the way, this uniquely colored car's been run through eBay four times, with the best result being the initial run with a high bid of $102k. It was recently relisted for the fifth time and so someone I know who has been looking for a TR contacted the seller to find out what it would take to make a deal. The answer? $205k!

1988 Ferrari Testarossa ZFFSG17A7J0076424

Auction ended: Jun 05, 2015
    $102,100 (reserve not met)
    7 bids

Auction ended: Jun 12, 2015
    $100,000 (reserve not met)
    30 bids

Auction ended: Jun 19, 2015
    $74,100 (reserve not met)
    10 bids

Auction ended: Jul 1, 2015
    $67,100 (reserve not met)
    12 bids

13. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    El Wayne, good detective work.

14. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

Dealer, IAG Fla has four (4) complaints to the Fla State A.G. so far this year; beware.
    Jack

15. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    It always amazes me that people would make comments about a car that they have never seen in person. That includes the color....If it is not worth the time or effort to fly and see in person, you aren't serious enough to buy it or comment about the color or condition. My 2 cents.....

16. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
  17. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Thank you El Wayne for making my point. I don't know these people, no connection in any way. Don't even know where Pompano Beach is. I find it hilarious that people would comment on a car they have never seen, don't know anything about and contribute nothing but rag on the car and the dealer.

I did notice that the people complaining about a car they bought, bought without seeing it first. Anyone can moan and groan about a used car after it gets to their front door. . Sorry...complain on a new car...no sympathy from me on a used car of any make.

18. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    + 1 !!

19. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack

Thanks for posting....cars are cars are cars....and by all means yes a buyer should do all that they can to see car in person/ppi.. It is the person who represents the car(s) that perpetuates the negative generalities the "public" may have of 'used car dealers' (slimy/swarmy/slippery/zero integrity/etc) and it is too damn bad that one of them is among us. Not Cornell Cars...his boss.

Yes, always "two sides" and I do give benefit of doubt...but not to repeat offenders as cited by your links.

Jack

20. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    You can dig out negative opinions about some persons experience with every single dealer. That includes new car dealers. Who cares what a dealer says. It is YOUR responsibility to check the car out. After all, YOU are the person buying it, you will drive it and YOU will own it. I still remember putting a neighbors mint condition Aston Martin on F-Chat. He bought it new and only drove it occasionally. I was ripped for calling it mint. I know cars...it was MINT...concours condition. While many here ragged on the car (and me) the first person that saw it ,stole it.

IMHO, if you buy a dog of a car....look in the mirror and blame that person for NOT taking it to a professional to check out. With the many great knowledgeable people on this board, from the east coast to Rifledriver in Austin to Colorado to California, there is NO excuse to buy a dog then whine about it later.

21. jim94-348

jim94-348 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Seems like a lot of negative posts on IAG. Any dealer may have problems but the couple I read said they were agreed upon repairs before signing the deal and they weren't done. These guys don't look like a high volume dealer so I would be cautious and make sure everything is repaired before taking delivery. On top of that $205 k for that car seems incredibly high.

22. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    ALWAYS look at a car before buying. If you buy unseen expect the worse and only do it if it's a super deal.

There is always something you don't expect. Even on the one you've look.

23. 300GW/RO

300GW/RO Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2010
    east end LI
    Full Name:
    Jack
    NO CAR BOUGHT....SEE ABOVE...THUS I AM POSTING THIS FOR OTHERS SO THAT THEY MAY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT KIND OF PERSON THEY ARE DEALING WITH.

Please pm or email me if interested,
    Jack [email protected]

24. Star-Garage

Star-Garage Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2010
    Delray, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike Massari
    I've seen the car in person, it looks more green like the ebay photos. You made it look way Gold here.

25. Star-Garage

Star-Garage Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 4, 2010
    Delray, FL
    Full Name:
    Mike Massari
    O.P.,

I agree, the car does look a bit more Green than Gold in the web add and in person, as well.
    Jason at IAG mentioned that it may very well be a one off for the TR.
    I couldn't tell for sure if the paint was original or not. It looked original though. Perhaps it aged a bit green? There are a few possibilities here.
    Either way, I loved it in person. It is very unique. Definitely has a pale green tint to it.