Aftermarket swaybars? | FerrariChat

Aftermarket swaybars?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Prova85, Jun 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Is there an swaybar set for available the Tr?
    Eibach and Addco don't appear to make anything for fcars at all according to their websites. Googling and searching this forum yielded nothing.
    Does the Tr not benefit from a set of slightly stiffer bars?

2. bensonae

bensonae Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2013
    Tokyo, Japan
    Full Name:
    Alex Benson
    I searched for this a while back as I was hoping to get a thicker one for the rear. Koenig shows them on their site but I have no idea if they still produce them. And the asking prices are in my humble opinion absurd for what is a relatively simple part. Here is the link; KOENIG SPECIALS

3. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    For those who may be interested I received a response from Eibach that indicated that no swaybars were developed due to lack of demand.

4. bensonae

bensonae Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2013
    Tokyo, Japan
    Full Name:
    Alex Benson
    Bump. Would still like a thicker swaybar in the rear to keep all that weight from shifting as much.

5. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Weight will still shift - car will have less roll - the ride will be less compliant (it loses more of the left/right 'independence'). The car will tend more towards a loose oversteer.

The TR is not a car suited for a loose suspension setting IMHO. The relatively high rear CG and rear weight bias will make it a real handful if it breaks free. It is a GT and not a drift car.

YMMV,
    Cheers,
    Vincenzo

6. bensonae

bensonae Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2013
    Tokyo, Japan
    Full Name:
    Alex Benson
    Yeah Vincenzo you are probably correct. Wish I had a tad less roll but compromise probably a good thing