Leather forTestarossa Seats | FerrariChat

Leather forTestarossa Seats

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by jim94-348, Jun 26, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jim94-348

jim94-348 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I just need enough leather to cover one of my seat bottoms. Anyone know a source for the leather?

2. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Reoriginals

3. Jaguar 15

Jaguar 15 Formula 3

Mar 27, 2013
    Hunt. Bch/Palm Dsrt/Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jim Crawford
    Just doing the bottom of a seat is a mistake. You will never match the color or patina. At the very least do both or none at all.

4. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Or, do the bottom and get matching dye for the rest of the seats. That way everything should look nice and fresh.

5. jim94-348

jim94-348 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2010
    Greenville, NC
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Anyone know where to just get the leather? I have the dye

6. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Jim,

As was posted earlier...

ReOriginals... but you could also try GAHH, World Upholstery, etc.

If you want actually Connolly leather (matching grain, texture, thickness, etc), then you will need to contact Connolly which has reopened in Australia:

Auto Leather - Australia's only Supplier of Genuine Connolly Automotive Leather for your Jaguar or Rolls Royce

Be advised, that may have to purchase a full hide.

Cheers,

Sam

7. dreamcarswest

dreamcarswest Karting

Apr 4, 2007
    I just got off the phone with World Upholstery to get a quote for new seat covers for my 360, and they claimed they are using Connolly leather. Have no idea if they are telling the truth or not, but that is what their representative named Mars told me.

8. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I have used World Upholstery various times over the years. No issues

9. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    You won't have the same look and feel even if you dye. Leather has aged shrink and harden over the years. The new leather will be much more supple. Good luck.

10. CornellCars

CornellCars Formula 3

Mar 24, 2005
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Be also advised that Connolly hides today are not the same leather, nor do they go through the same process, as Connolly hides from when TR's were new. You would have to reach out to Henk at HVL in the Netherlands for that, who has worked very hard to put out a true comparable product to the original Connolly based on much research. Now, with that said, on a TR, it may not be that big a deal for you; I just say this so you're aware that you aren't buying "original" when buying from the company currently known as Connolly (and you may very well be getting a similar product from GAHH or World without the international shipping).

11. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Good day Jason,

Indeed, Henk is the Master! If my budget was more (or my car was worth the big bucks) I would have went with Henk!

That being said, Connolly (Australia) told me that they follow the exact process of Connolly of old (UK). World Upholstery told me that their leather is a "Connolly" process and is not technically made by Connolly. I interpreted that to mean that they have leather that is comparable in terms of texture, color, etc only. In my case I purchased my "Connolly" equivalent from World Upholstery (I found out about Connolly in Australia about 3 weeks after I ordered and received mine from World) and was pleased with what I received. I ordered 7 hides and found that the color and texture was excellent and there were little to no blemishes on the hides... in other words virtually all of the hide could be used. The leather quality was not on par nor as thick as the original, but was good. Would I use it on a big $$$ car? No, as I would want the best and certainly Henk or Luppi would be the way I would go.

Cheers,

Sam

12. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    There is a massive difference between the LHS and RHS seats both in terms of leather and hardness of the seats...

Phil

13. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    Just my 2 cents..........

My '87 had the typical shrinkage on the dash section above the glovebox......solved it for $7.....

Went to Salvation Army store and found an old black leather duster coat for $7.......it matches 95%........same grain, aged, was a bit glossier, but buffed it with some green scouring pad...hard to tell the difference unless I point it out.....and I have lots of "spare" leather if I have future leather issues........

Just suggeting Me