Clutch control lever | FerrariChat

Clutch control lever

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by jgmblair, Jul 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    #1 jgmblair, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Lost the clutch pedal today, heard a "ping" pedal went limp. Seem's this has let go. Can someone confirm if this is just welded in place? Any tricks on removing the clutch spring without loosing a finger?

Thanks,
    Jeff
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Being that it snapped you have a better chance of injury putting new spring on. It's gonna be a ***** getting under there.

R

3. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I would check clearances and drill out the hole, put a spacer on the post, drill out a small hole on the post for a cotter pin. Reinstall and be happy.

4. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    #4 jgmblair, Jul 26, 2015
  5. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Jeff, aweful job !!!

Can you possible make enlarged views for us ? Never ever had this broken ... (yet :) )

Specially the inside ....

6. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    #6 jgmblair, Jul 28, 2015
    Awful job to say the least Mel, lucky I married a physical therapist to treat my neck and back after doing this. I must say having a best friend who owns a machine shop is invaluable when dealing with cars approaching 30 yrs old. We were able to quickly remove the spring after modifying a brake spring tool that would fit over the end of the spring pivot on the lever arm. Once things were apart you could see that the weld was very small in comparison to the other welds on this piece so we re-welded it on both sides. When disassembling the pedal box I did notice that the clutch travel stop was not tightened up and wonder if that may have contributed to the demise of the weld due to the clutch pedal possibly travelling to far. I ordered a new lever arm from Eurospares part number 121233 - 50 british pounds and 119331 pedal box gasket 5 british pounds. Removing the pedal box is a bit of a chore due to the bolts in the footwell that can only be accessed by lying on your back, once apart its a pretty simple design.

Jeff

7. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Is there a pedal distance adjustment? My new ThrowOut Bearing is short by about 1mm but I've been told this can be adjusted out.

Good luck and thanks for posting

8. jgmblair

jgmblair Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB Canada
    Full Name:
    Jeff Blair
    I was hoping one of our more knowledgable members might chime in but i think everyone is busy watching the reality show in the current testarossa values thread ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk