Cant beleive this... | FerrariChat

Cant beleive this...

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by timemachine, Aug 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. timemachine

timemachine Karting

Dec 8, 2009
    Hartland Michigan
    Full Name:
    John Meaney
    So I thrash all week to get my '90 TR back together for my friends car show this weekend. Drove it home last night from my buddies shop where it has spent the last 18 mos getting a turbo kit fabbed up. We're running it with straight pipes for right now, man does it sound awesome. Get up this morning, wash the car, panel by panel...Man it's looking great. Decide to start it up so it's warming up while I take a quick shower. Come back out 10 minutes later, hop in, put it in reverse to back out of the garage, give it some gas....NOTHING!!!
    Engine is still idling, so we check to see if the throttle cable is moving at the KJets, nothing.
    *%$?!!)@,,,,,all dressed up and no where to go. Came in and searched the forums and manual...find stuff about the throttle cable but only on the engine side. Does anyone know what's involved to fix it on the other end? Flying blind.
    JM

2. timemachine

timemachine Karting

Dec 8, 2009
    Hartland Michigan
    Full Name:
    John Meaney
    #2 timemachine, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    So you're saying there's no throttle response? Is there return of the pedal? How do the linkages look?

4. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #4 302Tim, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    John,
    Here's what the accelerator cable looks like at the pedal end. Remove the plastic console panel (use care, it's fragile) and then you should quickly see what the problem is. You are right, I can't recall the last time someone had an issue with the cable. Unless the clip came off and pin fell out it is likely the crimping on the cable itself failed. Let us know what you find.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. timemachine

timemachine Karting

Dec 8, 2009
    Hartland Michigan
    Full Name:
    John Meaney
    Tim and Oz,
    The kid took it apart and fixed it, will post sound video of a tunnel run with the V12 straight pipes hopefully this week...

6. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    He's a keeper John...