Can cabin vent fans blow cool outside air, with A/C off? | FerrariChat

Can cabin vent fans blow cool outside air, with A/C off?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by EricJF, Sep 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EricJF

EricJF Rookie

Aug 3, 2015
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Eric Friedman
    I don't know if this is functioning as intended, but I can't seem to have the cabin ventilation fan on, the temp knob in the blue 'cool' zone, and simply blow outside air into the cabin without the A/C adding cold air.

This seems to be the case whether the 'ventilation' or the 'climatized' button is pushed in.

Any suggestions?

2. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    The only way I know of is to put a cut off switch going to the A/C compressor clutch.

3. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Funny I have same incident in my 512TR..
    That thermostat dial knob has a click when the compressor is supposed to turn on...but its either hot air or cold air..assisted by compressor ac air..
    it is prehistoric planning of ventilation
    Perhaps Ferrari did not want windows fogging up

4. N17RO

N17RO Karting

Apr 9, 2013
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Surely it's just a case of selecting the fresh air button then adjusting the dial to get you the desired temp coming out.

If it's blowing just constant cold regardless of the temp setting then it's not operating as intended.

Steve M took me through some diagnosis info to test the sensors, thermostat settings and ECU to determine what was wrong with mine as it was stuck on a medium setting then wouldn't give heat. Check my AC thread and you'll see all Steve and others help. It was good to go through all these and they were very easy to do.

5. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Unfortunately you get A/C or heat. By design there is no fresh-air ventilation system.

6. N17RO

N17RO Karting

Apr 9, 2013
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Craig
    The system can draw fresh air through it, check the manuals! Most cars will still apply their AC or heaters to meet the drivers selected temp.

7. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian

I think Tim is correct. You can get fresh air, but the fan has to be running.