Another tr value question | FerrariChat

Another tr value question

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by lalispeed, Oct 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lalispeed

lalispeed Rookie

Oct 1, 2015
    Full Name:
    leandro espertino
    #1 lalispeed, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My boss decide to sell one of his toys and i'm the one who does all this deals for him.
    I don't know much about this bellezze.....I deal with muscle cars most of the time.
    He had this car for the last 10 yrs.Not much service records 4 owners total
    The car is in very good conditions, but it was repainted before.
    have 20000 miles on it.
    i trying to find what will be a good selling price range.I saw one 88 yellow in Mecum auction in Dallas going for 144k.Who bought local dealer here in Dallas it post it on ebay for 200k!!! sold it 2 days later don't know for how much... But they are all kinds of prices out there...
    Any guidance with this will be really appreciated.
    being repainted hurt a lot?, being a 1988.5 help?red , black, yellow same price?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    No service history, belts due, etc. Repainted lower body in red. Some holes done inside the car for added speakers and thing on the console. Does it have all the books and tools?
    To fix the scratch repaint the lower part in black and it will help I think.

My guess 125 to 150k. Possibly a little less. Asking prices are high but selling are a little lower.

3. chabch

chabch Formula 3

Aug 15, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe

+1

4. lalispeed

lalispeed Rookie

Oct 1, 2015
    Full Name:
    leandro espertino
    yes all the books and tools.
    Thanks a lots for the info!!!!!!!!
    This help me a lot!

5. lalispeed

lalispeed Rookie

Oct 1, 2015
    Full Name:
    leandro espertino
    how much will be the service for belts etc?

6. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Depends on where you live and when you do it. Min. around $5k, max. around $8k but I'm sure more issues will be found. I'd say count on $10k not including anything major found.

7. deichenb

deichenb Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Full Name:
    David
    Answers to your questions: Yes, No, Pretty Close. Absence of service record and original paint are hurtful. For a car like this, Obtaining Classiche certification will help the price more than the cost of the cert. There is a very large delta between the "best" 5-bolt TR and "all the rest."

8. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Presentation, documentation and mileage is what sells these cars. Cant do much about the lost documentation, but I would advise having the owner invest in a proper major service and respray the lower panels back to original, preferable at a well know qualified shop. Contact the nearest Ferrari dealer and have service pull up any records they have on the car.

Im guessing the thing on the center console is some sort of stereo control? Hopefully its only stuck on and not drilled. Stock is always better from the buyers eyes. Replace the lower speaker carpet while removing the added tweeters.

There was a white TR in FL that had all sorts of custom things stuck on it. It sat and sat for a year. Finally the dealer took heed to our suggestions and corrected the majority of the Pep Boy trinkets. It sold.

9. lalispeed

lalispeed Rookie

Oct 1, 2015
    Full Name:
    leandro espertino
    i was thinking on repaint the lower back to oem. I have Call our closest Ferrari dealer in Plano TX and there where not very helpfully about getting some paint.They don't have in stock.
    The center console device its just a remote control.

Seems like market still going up , will be wise to hold on it?

10. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    I don't think the market will rise more than what it is now. There are now too many for sale since the price went up.

I don't want to be hard with you but your car is the most common testarossa. The very clean ones will sell and the rare color combo that someone is specifically looking.

The market is FULL of red on tan for sale. Your car need to stand out of the pack either by it's price or by it's exeptional condition to be attractive. The last scenario doesn't really fit your car IMHO.

GLWS

11. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    If you want to put all the chances on your side, get the car detailed and take high quality pictures to advertise it after it's all done ready to sell.

12. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    The bottom paint is a semi flat black, nothing special. In fact most guys repaint their spoilers with rattle can paint as its the first thing to get dinged/scraped.

13. lalispeed

lalispeed Rookie

Oct 1, 2015
    Full Name:
    leandro espertino
    Thanks a lot for all the info.
    I'm starting the detail/ clean / paint etc, process today..
    Probably I will try ebay and some auctions to.see what happens. He don't need to sell it so I have time and no pressure...

14. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Prices are falling allready now ....

15. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    Concerning this car...... I would gladly take it for $39,955.47 and make all the corresponding maintenance/repair.. considering postings here. :) :) :)

16. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    Do you have any factual data that support this statement?

17. 512man

512man Formula Junior

Jun 27, 2014
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Tobbe
    He sold his car last year,i sold my mint 512TR two months ago.....i'm nor sure if i made the right decision......IF you only talking about value..Good ones will still raise IMO

I'm lucky to have a 88,5 Testarossa also..Drove her hard today......She begging for it:)

18. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    #18 Melvok, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Yes. Correct Tobbe :)

Just take your time to study all cars that were for sale last year(s), this year and what was sold.

And if one owner was lucky to get a ridiculous (high imo) price will not confirm for all the others ...

And how many still are on the net unsold. And (maybe) WHY ..... Do your homework and you will see that.

19. njcycleguy

njcycleguy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 27, 2008
    Northeast
    I just noticed you're outside the US, so sounds like your statement/opinion is based on what you're seeing in Europe. Prices here are substantially higher compared to last year and continue to remain strong.

20. Jezter70

Jezter70 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2013
    Surry (from UK)
    Full Name:
    Jez
    same here in the UK ..... prices are significantly higher than 12 months ago, and certainly the best examples are selling ...... not saying there isnt a lot of very average cars being chanced at higher prices than they perhaps deserve, but i think if you look at the market as a whole, the trend is still very much heading higher.
    BR,
    Jez

21. lalispeed

lalispeed Rookie

Oct 1, 2015
    Full Name:
    leandro espertino
    I've quote the clasiche certification at about 10k it's that right?
    It will help the price for sure but will be more than 10, 15, More of the sale price?
    It will be worth it?

22. FTanner

FTanner Formula Junior

Aug 21, 2012
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Why is the tow hook inserted in the front bumper? Was this car recently towed?

23. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    SEM brand trim black works well.

24. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    So, Classiche certification - I thought the car had to be configured exactly as it left the factory, right? Well, this Daytona (which sold for more than $700k) has received Classiche, despite being different colors (black / tan) than originally configured (sky blue / black)?

"Over the next two years, this original Sky Blue on black example was handsomely refinished in demanding black paintwork ..., complemented by tan upholstery ... Best of all, 16565 has undergone the rigorous Ferrari Classiche certification process and it is offered complete with the original specifications and certification book from Ferrari Classiche."

https://russoandsteele.com/vehicle-details/?show_vehicle=93041&current_index=1&total_results=78&auction_pk=&=&caryear=&search_text=

25. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

thats what i was thinking