Headlight stalk | FerrariChat

Headlight stalk

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by N17RO, Nov 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. N17RO

N17RO Karting

Apr 9, 2013
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Hi guys,

I have a faulty headlight stalk. When I turn the side lights on, then rotate further for headlights all is fine. When I rotate back once the headlights come down, rotate back once more the side lights go off. So all would appear good.

However....if I touch the stalk slightly in the all off position the side lights and gauges light up. Its just like turning the stalk but obviously not.

Has anyone rebuilt the mechanism before and if so do yiu have any points for me?

My hazard warning button has also now decided to stay on, its the switch is not clicking back in place. Does anyone have the part number as I could see one. Ive fixed it for now but want to get a new one if possible.

2. chabch

chabch Formula 3

Aug 15, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Craig, check the cross reference thread, you'll find that the stalks are identical to the Lancia Delta ones, and you can find the whole thing for 150€ (if I recall). I'm not sure it's worth spending the time rebuilding it. Take a look!

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Your symptom almost certainly says that you have something amiss in the stalk rotary knob area (the one area that can be checked/inspected without removing the entire assembly). Many threads discussing/showing how to disassemble (and not lose the steel ball ;)).

4. N17RO

N17RO Karting

Apr 9, 2013
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Thanks. Just looked and the Lancia one does look similar. I'll buy one if I can't rebuild the old one.

5. N17RO

N17RO Karting

Apr 9, 2013
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Thanks Steve I searched for headlight stalk and couldn't find anything that related to just a stalk issue. I'll have another look.

6. Steve Magnusson

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Try a search on "stalk knob steel ball" that should get you a few threads with pics. There still may be something wrong (even there) that requires the whole assembly to be removed and either sent to Verell for repair or be replaced -- but worth a look there first IMO based on your symptom.

7. N17RO

N17RO Karting

Apr 9, 2013
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Thanks Steve.

8. N17RO

N17RO Karting

Apr 9, 2013
    UAE
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Hi Steve

I tried that search and a few variations of it and came up with nothing.

I'll start to take the unit apart and watch for the steel ball and see what I can find.

9. Steve Magnusson

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
  10. N17RO

N17RO Karting

Apr 9, 2013
    UAE
    Full Name: