Considering a change to Superleggera | FerrariChat

Considering a change to Superleggera

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by bensonae, Feb 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bensonae

bensonae Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2013
    Tokyo, Japan
    Full Name:
    Alex Benson
    Ok guys I LOVE my 512Tr and do feel it is the better classic and car for trips but Superleggera Gallardos have come down in price over here in Tokyo (1st generation ones) and I was considering swapping for one. i wish i could afford to have both but I just can not. Am I a fool? I do think the 512TR holds value and will appreciate over time and the Superleggera probably has a bit of room to depreciate but still all that Alcantara, carbon fiber and 5.0 V10. Just having a thought about it not close to pulling the trigger. Opinions please

2. tf308

tf308 Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    Virginia Beach
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Have you driven one yet? Would like your driving impressions.

3. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    before you decide you may drive the gallardo and feel how it drives

4. MM355

MM355 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2008
    GMT + 3
    I honestly would not. As a matter of fact a friend of mine used to own a Lp560-4 sold it and got bored of it (1st owner) and now has a 96 F355 and enjoys it much more.

5. wintech

wintech Karting

Jun 1, 2011
    Perth WA
    Full Name:
    Pete K
    Alex,
    In 2011 the PO of my car sold both that and a 328Gts to buy a Gallardo; on which he he had obtained a really good deal.

We remained in touch as the major progressed, and just over a year ago he emailed to say the Gallardo had been sold and he was back in the market for a TR; saying he regretted selling it as it wasn't the same as the flat 12.

He found one in Florida at a significant premium on what I paid for mine.
    Just my .02 worth

Pete K
    Perth.

6. yellowtr

yellowtr Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I sold my Single Mirror/Centre Lock Wheels TR last year and bought a Gen 1 Superleggera and I haven't looked back. It's an astonishing car and hugely undervalued to the CS (which I have driven a number of times) and the market for these will pick up. There are not 172 worldwide made however, contrary to what is written here and on the web. True numbers are not know, but I would think its around maybe 500-800 worldwide.

You can't compare the two cars as they are totally different. I miss the TR to look at and the presence it has, but technology has moved on leaps and bounds and the SL is just awesome and the interior on Euro cars is something quite special.

I had my TR 12 years and loved it, but it got to the point where I was worried about driving it around and if I had an accident, there are so many parts that are not available anymore that the worry of owning such a car meant I wasn't enjoying it.

I don't regret it at all.

7. bensonae

bensonae Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2013
    Tokyo, Japan
    Full Name:
    Alex Benson
    Thanks guys. I have thought about it and will keep the 512TR for a few more years (or more) I think

8. MM355

MM355 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2008
    GMT + 3
    Good choice.

9. F360-1386

F360-1386 Formula 3

Oct 8, 2006
    Markham, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    51216M
    I drove the Superleggera when it was just launched ; I didn't like it at all even compared with my ex-F430 .... Scuderia is way better than it. 512TR is absolutely much much better than it ... can't even compare .. it is only my personal point of view: keep the 512TR .... test drive the superleggera for a moment of satisfaction . Good luck with your decision .