1989 Testarossa sun visor | FerrariChat

1989 Testarossa sun visor

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Doc Chaz, Feb 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doc Chaz

Doc Chaz Karting

Mar 27, 2014
    west of Fresno, CA
    One of the plastic hinges for a sun visor snapped in half when a passenger (who never again will be permitted anywhere near the car) tried to pull the visor to the side. I've used Gorilla super glue but that will not bond the parts. Do you have any recommendations for an adhesive that will bond to the plastic and withstand the force of the internal spring mechanism?

If not, I'll just have to screw the mounts and visor back in place and then staple the visor to the headliner! After 38 years of Ferrari ownership and gazillions of dollars spent on such repairs and the search for parts unobtainium, I cannot help but wonder why Ferrari doesn't contract Chevrolet to supply such parts for new cars! Then we would have reliability.
    Chaz

2. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    pic?

sounds like something that can easily be fabricated and painted to match...

with a pic, folks can make educated suggestions.

rgds,
    Vincenzo

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Well it did last 27 years and was broken by misuse.

The visors in my Grand National, the only GM trash I have ever owned were falling apart in less than 2 years.

Specialized Italian Recycling has parted out a couple of TR's.

4. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    There are a couple on Ebay for the low, low price of.......$199 (ouch). If the leather does not match perfectly, you could always transplant your leather to the 'new' plastic hinges. It appears to be sewn on by hand.

5. Doc Chaz

Doc Chaz Karting

Mar 27, 2014
    west of Fresno, CA
    Thank you Lear60man! Wow, there was a lot of stuff in that listing but I found the visor and ordered it. It's a deal compared to a couple I found at almost 1,000 bucks.

As for Chevys, does anyone here remember Bruno Borri? He was an old time Ferrari mechanic in SoCal, and like an uncle to me. 30 years ago I saw a 330 GTC in his shop that possibly was going up for sale. He asked me (Italian accent) "Chaz, a why you wanna buy another Ferrrarri? The besta car in the world is the Chevrolet." He owned a beautiful '65 Impala.

6. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    More and more Ferrari breakers are putting stuff on Ebay for the masses. Easy Peasy.