Missing tool from '87 TR tool kit | FerrariChat

Missing tool from '87 TR tool kit

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by sweetspotav, Feb 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sweetspotav

sweetspotav Karting

Nov 21, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    John Cawley
    #1 sweetspotav, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Does anyone have a picture of the missing tool from this tool kit? I'm trying to find out exactly what it is so I can search for the proper tool on Ebay etc.
    Thanks,
    John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Missing at least the spark plug socket, universal, I believe the ratchet and ext.

3. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I don't believe you are missing anything--those tool bags were used on several models, not every pocket was filled on the TR. The ratchet, spark plug socket and universal Ago mentions above is often found (assembled) in one of those pockets but (at least per the SPC) it was delivered in the jack bag. Have also seen 2 extra spark plugs in the larger pocket, they too (per SPC) came in the jack bag. That said it's unwise to use the SPC as gospel so where those items went may not be accurate. Are those items in your jack bag? Rifledriver would know better since he has been around the TR since inception (and judges).

I also think you have one extra spanner in your kit--there should be eight (6/7mm, 8/9mm, 10/11mm, 12/13mm, 14/15mm, 16/17mm, 18/19mm, 20/22mm) wrenches total (per SPC, my kit, and several others I've looked at)--again, there may have been variations (but I don't think so in this case).

4. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    #4 vincenzo, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017