Fuel spotted on engine bay ! | FerrariChat

Fuel spotted on engine bay !

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by leslie_choo, Mar 11, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. leslie_choo

leslie_choo Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2012
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    BCChoo
    I seldom drive my teatarossa and when I first started the car, its very difficult to get the car to idling , but I managed to get it to idle after the temp stays around 90 f . I drove for 10 mins and after I parked my car , fuel smell is suddenly very strong . This is what I see when I open up the engine compartment. I cleaned it and it was ok no leak . After a few days I drive the car again and the right side has the same problem but much lesser fuel but the left side looks clean . Any idea what's going wrong ? There is no leak nor fuel trace that I could find . Fuel overflow ?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    Have that serviced immediately! there IS a leak! Do not drive that until corrected. You are literally playing with Fire.

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    +1 -- there are several, no, many places for fuel leaks at the fuel distributors/EHAs/pressure regulators/return lines on the top of the TR engine.

4. leslie_choo

Aug 5, 2012
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    BCChoo
    Ok thanks I will get it checked immediately . I was wondering why when I cleaned up and start the car I cannot see the fuel leaking .. Very strange

5. rpissm

rpissm Formula 3

Aug 11, 2013
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    If you smell gas strongly, there is definitely a leak - I know this from experience! I've had two fuel leaks on my TR - one was a year or two ago on a line from the driver side accumulator to the fuel distributor. The leak was located to the left of the alternator, practically under and a bit in front of the left side intake manifold (as you stand at the back of the engine compartment).

The other leak (just a couple weeks ago, documented on this site) was located on the fuel pump connections underneath the car.

I didn't see gas on the floor of my first leak either - it was more of a strong smell of gas, and the leak itself was so small that it appeared that the gas was vaporizing, either because of the tight leak or because it was hot enough to vaporize, but not hot enough to catch fire!

Hope that helps.

6. leslie_choo

Aug 5, 2012
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    BCChoo

Thanks I believe those leak in your car are due to the fuel line ?

7. leslie_choo

Aug 5, 2012
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    BCChoo
    I found the leak , I checked today when I started the car I could see small leak came out from the top and dropped on the engine bay. Instead of driving to the workshop I will tow it there to be safe . Thanks again for your advice .

8. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    picture would be great to see where it leaks

9. leslie_choo

Aug 5, 2012
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    BCChoo
    Thanks everyone I have solved this problem , the problem was just due to a back O ring near fuel distributor . Sometimes a small problem like this may cause huge issue if we don't get it fixed immediately ..