512TR door gasket part # 63149500 | FerrariChat

512TR door gasket part # 63149500

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Capt. Rich, May 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Capt. Rich

Capt. Rich Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2008
    Palm City, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Richard Baumgart
    Just received a new door gasket. It was shipped in a Ferrari box with the factory sticker affixed. It is a new gasket. The problem is that the new gasket is missing the felt. Instead, the felt half round is sort of a ridged matte finished rubber. I know there are aftermarket reproductions from parts suppliers like Mr. Fiat. Does anyone know if this could be for a different model? Or is this the only way it comes from Ferrari these days?

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    57 posts
    member here since 2008
    not filling out your profile ?
    no introducing yourself ?
    so no answer from me :(

3. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Capt., I'm happy to answer you. A few lengthy posts on this topic in the archives but the bottom line is the seal you received is the current offering from Ferrari, the felt covered seals have been discontinued. The quick summary is there are a few reproduction seals that are close...but not exact. Do a search and carve out an hour or two to read the posts.

4. Capt. Rich

Jun 9, 2008
    Palm City, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Richard Baumgart
    hey Turbo Joe was just looking for information on a gasket not a date... Thanks Tim, It looks like reproduction time for a gasket.

5. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I agree. We are not *****es.

R

6. Capt. Rich

Jun 9, 2008
    Palm City, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Richard Baumgart
    I have gone thru the lengthy thread on the infamous gasket awhile back and today. I have owned a 93 and currently own a 94 512TR. Both came with the felt or fuzzy gasket and were and are unmolested models. The thread seems to suggest the proper 512TR gasket is the non felt and the Testarossas had the felt. My question is can a 512TR be either or? This reminds me of the gutter material over the door on the roof top of a BBi. I have seen first hand serious concours judges disagree on the proper material.