To paint or not to paint | FerrariChat

To paint or not to paint

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by sparta49, May 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    MY TR is all original paint 37 K, still looks good however there are some rock chips on the front bumper that have been touched up, you see them when you get close, also there is a bubble on the rear bumper from the heat, top under the grill so not to noticeable. I am putting the car in to have the rear under tray sprayed, has some deep scratches and two very small chips in the black chin spoiler. Should I do the bumpers while it is there or not?

2. 1TRICK6

1TRICK6 Karting

Aug 28, 2014
    So. Cal (L.A./O.C.)
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I just did a Dr. Color Chip touchup on my front bumper. It had about 25 small rock chips. I can still see them but if your not looking for them it's not bad. Thinking about repainting my front bumper also or wait and do the entire car. If your not anticipating repainting the entire car later and the touchups bother you, I would do it.
    Where you taking your car to?

3. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'm not planning to repaint anytime soon. They do bother me, the rear bumper not so much. B Imports here in Mandeville will be doing the work