512TR - this button supposed to move the seat down? | FerrariChat

512TR - this button supposed to move the seat down?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by ttforcefed, Jul 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    #1 ttforcefed, Jul 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Not positive but I think it's HVAC

3. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    interesting. how do you put the raise and lower the seat then?

4. URAS

URAS Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2014
    Canada
    Full Name:
    vince
    On the 86 tr, each bottom on either side moves the vent airflow from dash to lower. The bars next to the respective buttons light up. I am presuming same for the 512.

5. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ok how do you raise and lower the seat on the 86tr?

6. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    #6 ozziindaus, Jul 2, 2016
  7. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    The seat can be raised by taking the seat out and adding spacer blocks between the rack and the seat. Lowering the seat usually means rebuilding the seat using less padding.

8. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    OK maybe the previous owner did that because I'm not tall and my head hits the ceiling whereas in my 355 I have plenty of room and it's the smaller car of the 2

9. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    wait are you kidding or being serious? the button in the picture controls the seat or directs air to the foot area?

10. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Um, just breezed through this thread and I think there is some misunderstanding here.

The 3 levers on the side of the seats are what control the seat forward/backward movement, seat back recline, and I think seat back tilt forward. They aren't "auto" but simply release levers that allow you to manipulate the seat.

Is that what you're asking?

That's how it works on a TR. 512TR may be a bit different but I think it's in the same place.

The button you picture is to redirect airflow from the dash vents to the floor vents.

11. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    #11 ozziindaus, Jul 2, 2016
    I'm ****ing around but the buttons on testarossa's near the LED's are for redirecting air. If yours are also pivot buttons, then I'll bet they serves the same purpose.

EDIT: what Scott said
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    the pic I posted - that button doesn't do anything in my car.

at the same time, I can move the seat back and forward. I can move the seat back. i know where those 2 levers are. I'm not able to find the 3rd lever to move the seat up and down.

13. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    You're joking right? This isn't a race car.

14. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Strange you can't find the 3rd seat lever.

So if you turn your heater/AC blow fan on and play with this button, do the LED's change? Does air move from the top vents to the lower vents?

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    no the LEDS don't come on.

the lever to move forward and back is located where one wld expect in the front and under the seat. to move the back of the seat the lever is exactly where one wld expect, down by the seat belt area.

where is the 3rd lever?

16. ozziindaus

ozziindaus F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 16, 2012
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I guess the 512TR's don't have a 3rd lever but Testa's do. Anyway, how do you redirect air if that button does not do it?

17. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I don't have a 512 TR but per the owners manual it appears the system works the same as the TR:

That rocker switch (and the one on the passenger side) regulates airflow to the floor. With the key on, if you rock the switch to the rear the LED segments should light up indicating the airflow valve is moving. Rock it forward to close the valve (the led segments should go out). You have to rock it forward or back for a few seconds, it isn't an immediate "contact" on/off type switch.

For the seat, there appears to be only a forward/aft rail lever in the front and a backrest lever on the side.

On the TR you also can't fully "raise" the seat either. For the three levers, two allow forward or backward seat back movement, the other allows the seat bottom to pivot (the front moves up or down while the back (pivot point) doesn't move--so it only raises the front).

18. ChrisW1

ChrisW1 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2015
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Chris
    The 512TR is a big sports car (length/width) but it is still pretty low. I fit in my car but do not have a lot of headroom left. I would not be able to wear a helmet in the car.

I'm 187 cm (close to 6 ft 2) and 80 kilos/176 lbs. My car has standard seats. If you are less tall or not significantly heavier and hit the roof, I would indeed check if something has been done with the seats.

19. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    #19 Melvok, Jul 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    In the 512TR this switch guides the cold air flow to (or not) cool the feet department. You should see more or less yellow stripes in the gauge left of the switch ... DO YOU ?

If not, you have a problem :(

Not a switch at all for raising the seats ...

512TR seats can imo not be moved up or down ...

20. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    no my air flow buttons don't seem to be working - not a big deal - ill have them fixed

so on the 512tr there are only 2 seat levers. there isn't a 3rd level to raise and lower the height of the seat?

21. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    nope

22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    that sucks - the 512tr is as hard to get in as my my countach and diablo...only once im in those theres plenty of room compared to the 512tr, and again im not even 6ft tall

23. Philwozza

Philwozza Formula 3

Apr 23, 2009
    Winchester UK
    Full Name:
    Phil Worrall
    Only one way and thats the three levers on the outside of each seat. Actually there is no way to lower or raise the seat but you can tip the seat backwards and forwards as well as extending the seat "squab" backwards and forwards.

Phil

24. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Hilarious. Which topic to discuss? Adjusting the seat? Directing airflow?

And by the way. I was being a bit of a tard in my last post. I know the seat moves forward and back via the big lever in front of the seat. I just forgot because I never move it. I'm too big no matter how far back it is. I hunch and my knees hit the dash.

25. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    lol u must love doing 3 point turns on really hot summer days!