Alternative for vent hoses on tr? | FerrariChat

Alternative for vent hoses on tr?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by bpu699, Jul 17, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    The two vent hoses that come off the top of the block, one straight one with a 90 degree bend... What are folks using for those?

Lots of places sell heater hose that works perfectly and look right. I cant find any place that sells oil hose or PVC hose with a 90 degree bend...

The Ferrari parts are 70$. A bit much for 6 inches of rubber hose...

Anyone found a replacement?

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    you may look at other car manufacturers
    best would be to take the old one and go to a dealer where there is a good guy in the parts store that not only can find out parts by the computer
    you also may have a look at a hydraulic shop

3. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I tried alternatives on these. I gave up. I know I didn't pay $70 though. Where are you buying? Trutlands should be much cheaper.

4. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
    If it helps the dimensions are as follows:
    PN 104873: 22-30 X 58mm
    PN 124650: 22-30 X 70mm

A quick google search for "22mm hose 90 degree" yielded several sources, this cloth-wrapped silicone hose looks pretty good: 22mm Silicone Hose Elbow 90 Degree Classic Black Finish - Performance Silicone Hoses. I think silicone would be OK for this application since it is only blow-by. Here's an all-rubber hose: 22mm ID Gates 90 Deg Rubber Hose Bend - Car Builder Solutions - Kit Car Parts and Accessories

BTW my 90 degree hose was changed during the last major with a Ferrari hose but it isn't cloth braided or cloth wrapped--just plain rubber. Also the straight hose on the 1-6 cylinder I have seen both cloth braided and also cloth wrapped hoses that looked original (mine is braided). So I guess I'm saying you have some latitude if you are looking for original looking hoses.

5. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Can you post up the illustration so I can see what hose your talking about. I'm drawing on blank on visual. There are some good hose places in jersey. Goodyear or continental hose distribution centers. They have everything. They can even make some hoses that require couplings.

R

6. Mr.Chairman

Mr.Chairman F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2008
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Those look good. Never mind I knkw which hose your looking for.

Sorry for the confusion.

R

7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    be carefull with those silicone hoses. for oil inside it needs special silicone hoses. you can not use water silicone hoses for oil or oil vapor

8. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Silicone disintegrates in oil I believe...

Finding rubber hoses that fit is easy, as tons of radiator hoses fit and look the part. Find a hose that's rated for oil is impossible. Oil hoses are all straight. Would a radiator hose suffice?

9. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    there are special silicone hoses inside with other material coated

normal radiator hoses are not oil resistent, only oil haze resistant. for some time it will work, but then they get very soft and when there is a vacuum or a little pressure then will close or burst. don´t ask me how I know :(

10. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Eurospares sells them for $38.00 US. I just received some parts from them, wish I had ordered these for down the road. They have a blow out on the corrigated rubber sleeves from the airbox to the filter like $23.00 each. Its £30.00 pounds shipping if they use post office vs fedex so order a bunch of stuff.