74-81 boxer new front plastic panels | FerrariChat

74-81 boxer new front plastic panels

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Newman, Aug 10, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    #1 Newman, Aug 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Im reproducing the long NLA front panels that cover the blower motors and heater boxes in the front clamshell area of a carb'd boxer only - injected fits, changes up to the injected part but its visually different and incorrect, a problem if it matters to you or a judge or you just want new looking proper panels again. See eurospares parts page item number 12 and my photo.

The problem with them is they get broken over time, holes get drilled in them for added accessories and often have the edge cut off of them during a DOT conversion when reinforcements are installed beside the rads for bumper shocks. Once unconverted the panels are missing a large portion of its width, been there a number of times. Its time to have some available so Im ready to start making them.

Im making a very small batch, 15-30 pairs and available only in pairs if anyone is interested. Just trying to gauge a demand here.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Gleggy

Gleggy Formula 3

Sep 22, 2004
    Land of Oz
    Full Name:
    Gleggy
    When you have made your production run please put me down for a set Paul.
    They always look tatty, and you think they need to be replaced. So now I can.
    Cheers

3. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    Paul, would these be correct for a 365BB? Mine has aluminium plates but the edges look like they were cut by an amateur with blunt tin snips so I am not sure whether they are original or not.

4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Different part number in the on line parts book but I'm not sure what the difference is and if it changed throughout the run. Reason is the 76 512 parts book shows the plastic moulded one but there were I believe four 365's made after the first 512.

5. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    Mine are aluminum as well, Simon. Crude, but definitely original.