Fuel filter fittings alternative? Help a fool... | FerrariChat

Fuel filter fittings alternative? Help a fool...

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by bpu699, Aug 27, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    Was cleaning out the garage and threw out my old testarossa fuel filters in the middle of my year long do it when I can Ferrari major...

Well, the fittings were attached... Seems all the ferraris from the 80s use the same fittings...

Looks like these things are $50 a piece for 2, and the other 2 aren't available?

Before I start looking for unicorns, and alternatives to these... Can't believe this would be Ferrari only part...

Thanks...

Bo

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    bosch is also doing these filters, but just now don´t know the numbers. but the price here in europe for both filters is about 50 to 60 euro
    if you need part number let me know and I will have a look tomorrow

3. bpu699

bpu699 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 9, 2003
    wisconsin/chicago
    Full Name:
    bo
    I have the filters...

I need to brass fittings that screw into either end...

I do appreciate your help...

Bo

4. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    those fittings you get nearly in all hydraulic shops ( here in germany ) or you may go to a marine shop or truck shop, those threads are normal metric size, nothing special. also mercedes and BMW have the same adapter. but no one from those part departements knows any more the size and without connection those spare parts guys normaly not know anything without typing the VIN into the computer

5. 2dinos

2dinos F1 Rookie

Jan 13, 2007
    Just a suggestion:
    I needed a Ferrari specific hose part and found it at GT Car Parts.

You can try these guys to - Parker Hannifan. A US company that deals with German hoses and fittings. They had an incredible assortment that saved a BMW project. I have no idea if they'll have what you need, but just something to check.

Good luck.