Non sodium exhaust valves | FerrariChat

Non sodium exhaust valves

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by derekw, Sep 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    Hi all,
    I will be ordering a batch of exhaust and inlet valves for the 308 2V cars. The sodium filled valves (106553) are also found in the 246, 365 and 512. These new exhaust valves will be 23-8N stainless with 12H stellite tips/seats and tufftrided stems. Dimensions will be the same as original. Price will be about $15 each if I get enough interest. I'll also be getting some harder manganese bronze guides made. Send me a PM if you want any.
    cheers, derek

2. derekw

derekw Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Derek W
    A couple of people have asked about the size of the exhaust valves. This is from Ferrea's site but I will check later when I get to the garage. Head Diameter: 36.75mm, Stem Diameter: 8.0mm, Overall Length: 109.85mm, Tip Length: 6.98mm.

My valve stems have 58,000km on them and were all tapered close to 2 thou. The guides are quite soft (as they are reputed to be) and all 16 of my valves were very wiggly. I'm not surprised the hollow sodium valves fail from fatigue after millions of eccentric seat landings due to worn guides.