No-Drill License mount for Testarossa, Boxer, 512TR/M | FerrariChat

No-Drill License mount for Testarossa, Boxer, 512TR/M

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Carbonio, Sep 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    #1 Carbonio, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    As we work the rounds of Ferrari Chat the time has come to display our innovative No-Drill front License Plate Mount for all models of Boxer, 512TR including the M, and Testarossa models. For those of you not familiar with them it is a bespoke Ferrari mount with modular fitment allowing for the adjustment of angle and protrusion. The signature feature is a super fast on and off feature that allows you to put on and take off your plate in seconds without the need for tools. The advantage of this setup is the following:

- Allows for fast removal for car shows (to maintain your privacy from picture takers), access for washing, or quick removal for general admiration while you just observe your car being beautiful.

- Global design fits plates from all countries and adheres to international road laws making it a truly worldwide solution

- For those who want to flaunt the law it is great to keep in your trunk as a quick roadside fix to get off from getting a ticket. 'Sorry officer I'm just coming back from a car show and forgot to put it back on. All done'

- Particularily for white Testarossa owners it is a great way to keep the DEA agents from having an excuse to stop you :D

Pricing and online ordering can be found at:

Carbonio Performance - License Plate Mounts

Note that the models for the Boxer, TR, and Testarossa are all different so it is necessary to specify which car you have from the drop down menu so that we ship the correct item.

Now for an installed pic:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    For those who want some more info here is a video we put together showing the install and features of the mount:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gfvWasNIxY[/ame]

3. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I've been looking for a good removable front plate mount for years, and was really happy to get one when they became available (Tim may recognize it, it's my car in the pic with it's old Ontario plate on!).
    Fits and looks great with quick and easy on/off.
    Thanks Rob and Paul!

4. Carbonio

Carbonio Formula 3

Dec 1, 2009
    Looking good Andrew and hoping you are enjoying the driving season.

For those wanting to legalize their Ferrari by mounting a front license plate without any holes please visit our site below. Mounts are designed to fit all plates worldwide and we ship anywhere FedEx goes to.

Carbonio Performance - License Plate Mounts

5. tr-zeke

tr-zeke Rookie

Sep 5, 2016
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    This mount looks awesome. I wish I would have known about it a couple years ago when I found a different "no holes" mounting solution for my 1990 Testarossa. I still may purchase this one, too, since it seems to offer a few advantages to what I have.

I purchased a mounting unit that screws into the tow hook hole on the car. The cost was about $90 at the time (looks like it is about $100 now). This method requires one to remove the tow hook cap and screw in the mounting bracket. (And then keep track of the cap). This carbonio mount just allows one to clip it on which is really nice.

The screw-in mount that I purchased can be found at:

Ferrari - GMG Motorsports-Home of the Original 'NO HOLES' License Plate Bracket

Although the TR is not specifically listed on their website, I had the following conversations with them to find the proper mount:

Thank you for the info and measurements. Sounds like the bolt length needs to be about 85mm not including the threads. This falls in line with the other Ferrari models we have worked with and the bolt we include is 95mm(not including the 20mm of threads). Also in the hardware pack is a 10mm spacer and 4 washers which will get you another about 18mm if needed.

The backing plate does have 5 different mounting heights and now the only other thing we would need to decide on is the bracket to send along. The standard brackets will center mount the plate over the tow hook receptacle and come in either a flat or 10 degree angle. We also offer Offset Brackets that will shift the plate right or left 2" depending on what is needed or if there is something to work around (fog lights, parking sensors, trim pieces, etc...).

Also:

The M16 x 1.5 tow hook is the same as almost all of the other Ferrari models

I ordered the "center, flat bracket" for my car and it works just fine.

6. Willdief

Willdief Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Mercer Island, WA
    Full Name:
    Will Diefenbach
    While not nearly as elegant as that solution, I came up with my own one for a "no drill" front plate mount. The job took about 15 minutes total time at a cost of about $5.

I took a hi-res scan of my front plate, added in screw head images where the holes were, printed it out on photo paper at about 85% size and laminated it the local FedEx Kinkos. I attached it to the front bumper with low-adhesive Velcro (the kind that you use on interior walls that leaves no mark). The fake plate fits perfectly on the 512TR - I'm not sure how this would work with a TR or Boxer.

The end result is indistinguishable from a real plate unless very closely inspected. And it has passed the state patrol test the few times that I've been pulled over. I first started doing this in about 2000.

Cheers,
    Will

7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    if you do such in germany you will get a big fine because of forgery of documents and mark abuse