Ferrari Wheel Mounting Tool, M14 x 1.50 - Make Life Easy :-) | FerrariChat

Ferrari Wheel Mounting Tool, M14 x 1.50 - Make Life Easy :-)

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Dave rocks, Sep 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    #1 Dave rocks, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello Folks,

Sticky RX is proud to release our latest tool to help bring value to the community :)

This is our new wheel mounting tool :cool:

Made from precision ground stainless steel, no external knurls or cross holes that can damage wheels or wheel inserts, a 6mm internal hex for wrench fitting if needed and laser marked identification.

This tool also comes in a nice plastic, protective case.

This can been seen and purchased on our online store:

https://store.**********.com/products/ferrari-wheel-mounting-tool-m14-x-1-50

Use FCHAT10 to receive 10% off all online orders

Thanks for looking ;)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Is their thread compatible with a 412's?

3. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Hello Folks,

So these wheel tools have been a great seller. We are nearing the end of stock on our second production run and preparing a third run. But we do have some stock and will be sure to produce more before these run out.

Remember to use FCHAT10 discount code to receive 10% off all online orders :)

Most order 2 to make things even easier ;)

https://store.**********.com/products/ferrari-wheel-mounting-tool-m14-x-1-50

:cool:

4. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
  5. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    20 $ for mass production parts? if you would do a small serie with only 5 pieces the price would be ok.bu tnot when you let make 300.
    I made myself such a tool within not even 10 minutes long time ago. it is very usefull :)

6. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    While I appreciate your opinion, Joe, these tools are not inexpensive to produce. We use ground stainless steel to start, the threads are single pointed and the hex broached which does not give the best tool life. We then laser mark them. We also have the case and each order has a CC processing fee along with the time to process the order and pack for shipping ;) A 300 piece batch is not really "mass production" :)

I'd say based on our response to date, most people find value in the tool and with the FCHAT discount, the cost is $18.00 each :)

7. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    thx dave for your statement ;)
    sorry, have not read all, only have seen the tool, but with case, polished and lasered ( this all is no need to use this tool) you add then the F tax :)
    nevertheless it is a wonderfull tool and I don´t want to miss mine anymore. made also some with M 12x1,5 for other cars I repair

8. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Respectfully, Joe - when you own and operate a shop full of CNC machines, employees with benefits and health care, then let me know about costs and F tax which is completely false. I will also mention that my contract engineering and manufacturing company has several customers in Germany so apparently they find our costs competitive :)

RayJohns likes this.
  9. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I love how people in another country are always trying to educate us on what things cost to make here in the United States...

When Turbo Joe Tooling goes into production selling the identical quality wheel tool here in the US for the same price, then I'll listen; otherwise sour grapes.

Ray

Dave rocks and Rifledriver like this.
  10. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    The job is always easy for the guy who's not doing it.

RayJohns and Dave rocks like this.
  11. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Yup.

Dave rocks likes this.
  12. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    I do a one man show since more than 35 years and I have a lot of machines and can do nearly all by myself what I need. but I will not do any production for others. because then I would get too busy and my work then would not make fun anymore.

have a look what I did and offered the members here:
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/diff-shims.584815/

when you have read my coment you know that I did it for myself and it needed not even 10 minutes for 1 piece. the stainless steel material in 14 mm diameter is standard, so nothing special

13. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    A good friend has said to be several times "When you wrestle with a pig, you are going to get muddy" One of these days I'm going to listen to that advice but apparently not today.....

So, based on the communities support of this tool, I really should not even write this post, but I do so for those less informed.

Here is our method for producing this tool, which is a screen shot of our ERP software system, probably worth mentioning it's a $30,000 system.....

As I stated prior, we purchase centerless ground stainless steel - that is not an off the shelf item, it's produced for us to the size and tolernaces we specify. When the material hits our floor, it's inspected. That operation is not shown below as it's part of the material receiving process. The threads are single point turned and we measure them with a thread gage, a gage that requires yearly calibration at a price. We have in process inspection for each of the operations, again, a cost.

To say you can produce the same tool in 10 minutes is FAKE NEWS as our machine setup time is more than that. The broach we use to cut the hex only lasts about 50ish parts, that's call tooling cost.

If it's not the tool for you and you can widdle one in your shop, I'm ALL for that - I'm serious, that's great. But, the vast majority of owners cannot and they appreciate a quality tool that we produce. If we make $2.00 each on these tools, it's alot. Frankly, we offer them as a help for the community and it's really promotional which is why we laser them (I know, the unneeded process) :)

Here is a laser video for the non-haters to enjoy :D

RayJohns likes this.
  14. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    You certainly seem to have plenty of free time to troll other people's threads here on Ferrari chat though...

Anyone that knows the time & costs associated with manufacturing high quality tools, especially tools which include complex forging or broaching operations (e.g. such as allen key hex holes into the end of tools) will know that Sticky RX is basically selling their wheel tool for probably pretty close to what it costs to make.

Your comments regarding "oh look I made these in 10 minutes for much less myself - but I don't have time to make any for other people" just come off in poor taste I think. To me it just seems like you have some personal axe to grind and/or you are intentionally trying to undermine another man's business and product in a public forum. Whatever the case, it's extremely unprofessional and poor form and frankly kinda of says more about you than anything else.

Myself, I own and use Sticky RX wheel tools in my garage. I'm extremely picky about the quality of all my tools and machine work; I can tell you first hand, the quality is top notch. In my experience, everything Sticky RX does is extremely high quality - from their tools to their laser etching. But you don't have to take my word for it, just ask any Ferrari dealership. Sticky RX is so well regarded these days that even Ferrari dealerships have started using their services directly for restoration of customer cars.

So with all due respect, don't tell me about how you made a $10 threaded stick in your shop and use that as a reason to bash a widely respected Ferrarichat.com Sponsor in the process.

The only thing "nothing special" here on this thread is your lack of respect for other machinists and their work.

Ray

Dave rocks and Rifledriver like this.
  15. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Myself retired machinist! I have machines in my shop. I would not produce this for $20.

RayJohns, xplodee and Dave rocks like this.
  16. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    #16 turbo-joe, Mar 20, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    you all could drink water form a normal glass but also from a crystal glas or a golden cup. the result is the same, you have been drinking water.
    I never wanted to undermine someones business. if someone feels so I apologize

this I never have written so! have written only:
    ....it needed not only 10 minutes for 1 piece. so nothing about ...for much less myself.....
    also have only written:
    that I don´t would make for other people and not ........ I don´t have time to make for other people........ this has nothing to do with that I have not the time to make.
    I´m mechanic/technician and no tools manufacturer but when I need special tools I make them for and by myself and I don´t care then how those tools look, important is they will work for this I made them

also I think that it is not ok in a public forum to write/quote something what someone never have written. so out of black then later will get white and vice versa