WTB: 512TR | FerrariChat

WTB: 512TR

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by bmwtmx, Jan 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bmwtmx

bmwtmx Rookie

Mar 5, 2013
    Delray Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I am looking to purchase a 512TR but I have $185k to spend and that is my budget. I am seeing some really nice sub 20k mile cars at around $220k retail so maybe this can happen. I would prefer sub 30k miles, no accidents or stories, and the maintenance performed. I understand where my price is so if your comment is about that save it! I would perform a quick PPI and pay cash. No stories.

You can email me at [email protected]

Steven

2. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    hello bmwtmx/steven
    you are registered here at the forum since 4 years and not even filled out your profile nor introduced yourself a little

so good luck for you for getting help

3. bmwtmx

bmwtmx Rookie

Mar 5, 2013
    Delray Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I updated it a bit. I am far more active on Rennlist/6speed under the same username as I am a P-guy although I have sold most of them and am moving on. Time to try what I should have bought 4 years ago when I first started looking but no complaints!

4. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Welcome to the "quality" forum. Don't be a "Pee" guy here. Ewwww! Time to move away from the belly-button cars and buy a real car. :)

Good luck, drive fast, take chances!

5. gmonsen

gmonsen Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Near Bethlehem, PA
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Try calling Ferrari of Central New Jersey on the Rosso/Cuoio and offer your $185.

6. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    are those red carpets in the foot area?

7. gmonsen

gmonsen Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Near Bethlehem, PA
    Full Name:
    Gordon
  8. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    Hi,

Maybe you can post your ad[WTB] in the classified section as well - so you can get more exposure. I think you might have to subscribed[Silver +] to post if I recall correctly. Late December 16 there was a 512TR in NorCal that went as low as 145K asking, so I don't think your budget of 185K is out of the question. Since you didn't specific color combination, I'm just speculating you saw that, and did not like the black exterior?

Any case - assuming that you are looking for a red/tan, there is one at Ferrari Newport Beach. While the asking price is $250K, it is winter, and I believe that car has been there for a while. Like the other poster mentioned, maybe just call them up and make an offer and see what they say?

Also, with only less 425 in the US, you will have to exercise some patience for the right car/price/color/options to come along.

Best of luck in your search.

9. bmwtmx

bmwtmx Rookie

Mar 5, 2013
    Delray Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Appreciate the feedback. I am not active enough on this forum to post in the for sale section so can't do that. I just resurrected my search 2 weeks ago so I did not see that car. I spoke to a couple of dealers but they are not willing to move too much so I will just wait. I am very open to colors so that is a plus. I prefer blue and lament my decision 4 years ago to pass on a Swatters Blue 512TR that was for sale for under $100k but no looking back. I am in no rush and will wait for the right car for me.

10. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Same thing I said to myself when Daytonas could be had in the 40-50k range.

Been waiting for some 35 years now....

Cheers,
    Vincenzo

11. efes9

efes9 Karting

Oct 22, 2014
    #11 efes9, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. bmwtmx

bmwtmx Rookie

Mar 5, 2013
    Delray Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Steven
    As discussed offline, that was the exact car. A little painful but I will find my TR. I am not far off on price and a few dealers have come very close. Patience.

13. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    This blue car is a marvel!

14. MM355

MM355 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2008
    GMT + 3
    rare to see one in a dashboard colour that is non black.

15. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    The value of 512TRs is in mid winter dip right now but I have not seen any 512TRs with integrity for less than 250K. I have seen quite a few with mileage, stories, lack of provenance and/or poor maintenance history that have been at or near 200K but these examples will end up costing you more in the long run so be careful there (Ferrari experience will tell you this...). As with almost every calendar year, if there is a 512TR with integrity it will be sold towards summer and if listed smartly will not be near 250K.
    Interested in other opinions but these are timeless machines and people cannot believe mine is 25 years old this year...the 512TR is beautiful. Am I biased, yes I have a 92 Silver 512TR that is Classiche Certified and 11K miles.

16. bmwtmx

bmwtmx Rookie

Mar 5, 2013
    Delray Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Steven
    I"ve been offered 2 from very respectable dealers for $190k with under 17k miles and no stories at all. Both were listed at $230k. They won't cover service which they most likely need which adds another 10k. I respect your opinion but values on these machines are in decline and this was further sent home by the much lower prices at the Scottsdale auctions. How low they go is hard to say but buying one now is kind of a leap of faith. I am not a flipper but I don't want to to be worth $100k in 5 years either.

17. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Reasonable prices Steven !

A little bargain and you could have them for K$ 10 also imo

18. Clay512TR

Clay512TR Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2015
    Sammamish, WA
    Full Name:
    Clayton Lee Stephens
    bmwtmx: I respect you opinion as well and I would be very interested if you could share the two respectable dealers so we can see these great 512TR deals as well. Also, this declining trend you are documenting, can you offer your resources to support this? I use the following and besides a normal winter dip, they don't reflect you decline: Hemmings, Dupont Registry, MotorTrend, Bloomberg, Ferrari Market Letter, TopSpeed, and Car and Driver

19. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    In Europe, all F prices are coming down Clayton ... still :D

20. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    PREDICTION :

The value circle of Ferrari will be a small circle this time around..
    Thank You Mr. Trump..

Now is a great time to pick up a 512 or any great testa..

Its written on the walls...The train is back in the station and idling...

This next 12 months will show inklings of appreciation...

anyone agree , Mr Trump will play a roll..