Steering wheel of center | FerrariChat

Steering wheel of center

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by TestaLA, Jan 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TestaLA

TestaLA Karting

Mar 6, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    My steering wheel is a bit off center to the right when going straight. I had an alignment done but still it's a little right when going straight. I've tried it on a bunch of different roads to make sure it's the car. I took off the horn and thought maybe it was bolted one over but it's not off by that much so that's not the solution, it's a very subtle amount. Ideas?

2. Chief20123

Chief20123 Karting

Dec 22, 2012
    Melbourne,Australia
    Full Name:
    Fred
    #2 Chief20123, Jan 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
    I would take it back to the person who did the alignment. After some front end resto work I took my car (86 Testarossa) for wheel alignment and it is now perfect. The alignment includes all 4 wheels, special shims etc.

3. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I used to do alignments for a living. the one thing that pissed me off more than anything else is when the tech is too lazy to center the steering wheel.

Take it back and tell him to do it right! It's not that hard.

4. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Exactly Scott ... an expert should never have made a mistake like this ... bring her back !

5. qwazipsycho

qwazipsycho Formula 3

Oct 30, 2004
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Scott
    If, when you take it back, the technician begins to remove the steering wheel....stop them, drive away quickly, and please post your story here so we can enjoy it, along with the shop name and location.

Yes, I've seen this done. RECENTLY!

Why should some bodyshop guys leave the mechanical work to mechanics and stick to sniffing bondo and paint fumes? See above.