Anyone running Motorworx 18" look-alikes on their TR? | FerrariChat

Anyone running Motorworx 18" look-alikes on their TR?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by gmonsen, Jan 18, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gmonsen

gmonsen Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Near Bethlehem, PA
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    #1 gmonsen, Jan 18, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So, I've been looking for a car for a few months and seen quite a range of them. I settled on a 1987 with 20,000 miles on it.

I have one question for those who have had concerns over the 16 inch wheels and the lack of tire choice. I'm going to put some Toyo R888's on the stock 16's, but wondered about getting the 18 inch Motorworx look-alikes. Is anyone using them? You can run 275/40's on the 18x9.5 inch rears.

Gordon
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
    I have not used em but they are an improvement. ride will be stiffer with the lower profile tires, and they look a bit thick in the space between the lip and the face of the wheel but good.

3. gmonsen

gmonsen Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Near Bethlehem, PA
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Thanks. I checked out the other thread. I tend to agree that the rims are a bit thick on the Motorworx, although they do retain the original look pretty well. I'm going to look at some Forgeline and CCW 5 spoke options.

Thanks, again.

Gordon

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Never liked the look of them. Also never really considered the tires an issue. The BFG's are a good tire and don't limit the capability of the car. If you want bigger brakes or if you have metric wheels that's a different story.

5. gmonsen

gmonsen Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Near Bethlehem, PA
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    Thanks, Rifledriver. I am going to stick with the stock wheels for now and put a set of slightly oversize Toyo R888's on the rear.

Gordon